• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting bigger in all aspects lol

Shank

Hey guys,

posting again, things are looking good currently doing a 3 day split a week, getting stronger and bigger in size.

Although i am eatinf or aiming to eat 3500 cals a day (clean bulk),

along the way i have had a couple of days stretch where i havent had a choice but to eat crap. And from doing so i have gained a gut (not 100% sure if its all bloating, fat or internal fat).

Either way was wondering if there is a way to lose it while still bulking or reduce it, eg going from a 3 day split to 4 or 5 day split, adding 2 days of cardio HIIT (will doing this hinder my gains or slow it dramatically?)

Any input greatly appreciated.

I did have another thread about stomach vacuums, did'nt know if they were related, if so sorry about the double post.

Cheers

If its only a few days its prob just carb/water bloat. Get your diet back on track and you'll be fine in another few days.

Wanna avoid it again? Dont eat junk. Simple.

2 days is not going to make a difference.
You dont get fat over night, sorry.

You're eating too much.
Posted via Mobile Device

im 71.8 kgs, 20 yr old, work in retail on my feet all day how many cals you think i should be having.

I started bulking at 3200 cals but realised i wasn't really gaining, so i upped it to 3500.

I used this calculator;

Total energy expenditure

Which after i used said 3200 on average was my maintanence ( i calculated expenditure on non training days and training days, then averaged it out to approx 3200)

Then just added 300 cals to maintanence per day for bulking purposes. What do you guys thnk?

Last edited:
when i workt in retail, i made an effort to have protein bars that i could take quick bites at during the day, instead of havin to sit down & have a proper meal. If your really clever. I know the demands of retail & the pressure to not able to just 'turn off' & go onto a break. you could always use the diabetes card 'aka having to eat ever 2-3 hours or you'll die'

Hmm, i wish my boss would go for that,

Protein bars would get expensive wouldn't they. But what was that suggestion for, too many cals in one meal or something?

when i workt in retail, i made an effort to have protein bars that i could take quick bites at during the day, instead of havin to sit down & have a proper meal. If your really clever. I know the demands of retail & the pressure to not able to just 'turn off' & go onto a break. you could always use the diabetes card 'aka having to eat ever 2-3 hours or you'll die'

once had a bloke tell me he had to go for a break because of diabetes.

"that's no good mate," I replied. "What kind?"

"Type 3" came the response.

once had a bloke tell me he had to go for a break because of diabetes.

"that's no good mate," I replied. "What kind?"

"Type 3" came the response.

Lol thats ****ing gold

We should make up something for type 3 diabetes..

e.g

-Type = 3 i get hungry and want to kill people if i dont eat and i wont die but ill probably kill someone else

n00bs, any idea on the calorie situation, btw can having 500 ml fuoll crema milk and oat brits (4) in the morning cause bloating after having it for a long period?

n00bs, any idea on the calorie situation, btw can having 500 ml fuoll crema milk and oat brits (4) in the morning cause bloating after having it for a long period?

Im not sure,,,

And i drink organic light milk in cartons as hormones are fatosluble so you find them in the normal milk..

I cant speak about calories ect now, everything has changed for me, what i thought what i new was correct for me in regards to eating trianing with a hormonal imbalance i never knew i had.

Now im on TRT my tetsosterone levels are constant no matter what my diet or trianing is like. Squats or dealdifts wont increase it for me as it is artificial..

So my claoric needs are going to be different to people...

Saturated fat isnt something you want in your diet either...

ahh i get ya,

My diet is a clean one though, in what i have posted do you see anything wrong with it, that will be adding alot of sat fats?

I would add healthy fats.. The fat in milk is useless all it does is icnrease your LDL (bad cholesterol) If you wanted to blunten the insulin response form the milk add protein to it or put peanut butter in it in a shake.. Then you have the fat and protien to buffer the sugar digestion so it wont be a crazy insulin spike..

Im sick atm so i cant read alot ai only briefly looked over your diet..

Add more fruit vegies salad try to eat salad fruit or veg with every meal.. Though eat the fruit in the morning naturally..

Try and get onto some herbals teas..

You have to eat alot of greens when you have a high protien intake. Urea is a biproduct of protein metabolism and it acidises your system (changes ph) you want to be more on the alkaline side for health reasons (cancer immune system general well being)..

Try and implement some sort of green drink its alot bigger in america then here but it does make the world of difference..

Remember There is more to lifie then fat/protien/carbs