• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Getting on the Juice

ride29er

Confused Kunce
Im keen to get on the Juice, a lot off guys I train with swear by it, so im going to buy a juicer tomorrow and am interested if anyone has some good recipes for the juicer, I had a taste off beetroot juice this morning, tasted pretty nasty, apparently great for endurance training though, but am curious if anyone has some great tasting ideas

My stock standard one which I have quite often is: (in descending quantities)

Carrots
Celery
Cucumber
Apple
Beetroot (not much)
ginger

Don't put pomegranate seeds in a juicer ;)

I went and bought a book on juices that supposedly cured cancer, while I don't believe in it, it had me incorporate pomegranate and blueberries into any shake I made.

My next door neighbour is a fat toad and he lost a heap of weight just using a juicer. But it cost him a small fortune in fruit and veggies. He makes 5L at a time and lasts his 2 days.

I have a juicer but haven't used it in ages - got sick of cleaning the think after each use. But I do buy one every now and then and they always taste great.

Bought a juicer for my parents, they use it a lot.

I go over there and have a juice.

I am a believer that a special eating plan can assist maybe even cure disease.

Also considering this.... saw this article a few months back.

Might be useful. I've had a quick look around the site.

UFC Champion Jon Jones on Juicing - Juicing For Men | Juicing For Men

Semi related question... best/cheapest place to buy coconut milk? Or maybe almound milk?

the reason I bought one is because of UFC fighter Kyle Noke(im mates of his brothers) I was talking to him the other day and he swears by them, I just got back from good guys with a shiny new juicer, might go spend some $$ on some fruit and veg tomorrow and see what I can come up with

Apple and Cucumber Cooler
-2 1/2 apples
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1″ of ginger

Good on a hot day with some crushed ice. Ginger is good for the joints :)
EDIT: Try and get some Kale, its a superfood!

I am going to stock up tomorrow, cucumbers/celery/lettuce/beetroot/mango/oranges/apples/lemons/carrot, start mixing them up see what i can come up with, going to be pricie, but 1-2 glasses a day shouldn't be to bad, prob add up similar to a few red bulls a day

so ive tryed 2 beets/1 carrot, not bad, 1/2cucumber/2apples/1carrot, tatsted green,
1 carrot/half cucumber/2 apples, tasty, 2 oranges/1 mango, tasted great, Im getting slight headache, im pretty sure its from the detox from the beets/carrots, ill keep experimenting over the days, also not as expensive as I thought, $30 I spent should cover me 6 days, 2 juices a day

ive also trying to eat more natural only fresh fruits/meats, and ive cut all sodas out(crop reason for headache

so ive tryed 2 beets/1 carrot, not bad, 1/2cucumber/2apples/1carrot, tatsted green,
1 carrot/half cucumber/2 apples, tasty, 2 oranges/1 mango, tasted great, Im getting slight headache, im pretty sure its from the detox from the beets/carrots, ill keep experimenting over the days, also not as expensive as I thought, $30 I spent should cover me 6 days, 2 juices a day

Thats not too bad at all. do keep us updated.

What liquids are you adding to the veggies, just water?
Also.. doesn;t cucumber just kinda taste weird/like nothing?

watermelon is mad in juice you also get a good fruit to juice ratio. Spent the wekend at my bro in laws and he has a juicer, I knocked off a few watermelon, orange, pineapple with a dash of ginger.

Thats not too bad at all. do keep us updated.

What liquids are you adding to the veggies, just water?
Also.. doesn;t cucumber just kinda taste weird/like nothing?

im not adding any liquids, the amount im putting in is filling up a large glass, cucumber doesnt add much taste its pretty well a filler, good for you to,

watermelon is a awesome idea, might get some tomorrow

I usually have apple , carrot & celery , tastes so good ! I'v found its also a noticeable pick me up in comparison to energy drinks etc .

2 celery sticks,
1 orange,
1 mango
3 carrots
1 mango
tasted good, 2 oranges would of made it awesome
headaches have gone away after 3 days, pretty sure it was a detox from the caffeine, they were bad