• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good Incline bench recommendation.

perceive

Well, I have a good flat bench but I am after an incline as well. Not just for the obvious incline exercises, but maybe something that I can use for chest supported rows etc ... does anyone have one that they recommend?
Not looking to replace the flat bench as I am happy with that...
If you don't have one but have a recommendation then go ahead, but I'd ideally like to hear from people who have used the actual bench that they would recommend.

Flat bench plus phone books under one end. Done.

I do exactly this with old bits of 2*4 timber, Do it the other way around you have an instant decline bench.

Ingenuity is the mother of invention hey Gripster.

I just use the iron edge, however, i'm only using for DB's (Rows/press etc) at present, i think for heavy flat barbell bench i would consider a seperate flat bench.

This is exactly the sort of thing I'd likely kill myself with! :eek:

What model/make benches are you using now that you do this with?

My flat bench is a no name one I bought from a dude upgrading some shit in his gym here in Adelaide, plus an Adelaide yellow pages and white pages.

The only other thing I don't get is at more severe angles than just a few degrees, how do you go about stopping from slipping down the bench with this method?

The only other thing I don't get is at more severe angles than just a few degrees, how do you go about stopping from slipping down the bench with this method?

I haven't incline benched in ages but if going the full 45 degrees I just whip a couple of F clamps out of the tool box and clamp a bit of 2*4 where my arse meets the bench to stop me sliding off. Never slid off doing declines.

I bought the Super FID bench from Gym Direct and I'm pretty happy with that. When its flat theres minimal gap between seat and backrest so your ass doesnt sit it in. Also wheels to move easily and weighs around 40kg. I bought the ham curl/leg ext attachment for it but it just doesnt feel right on its own but if you hook a band to it there's tension at the top and it feels better. I didnt buy the preacher pad, didnt seem to be worth it.