• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Good morning squat = weak quads

I said ages ago I believed it was weak quads.

You lean forward taking weight off the quads and putting it onto the back and hams. Made sense to me.

no no you two
the squat is ALL posterior chain lol. Louie Simmons said so

It can be either/or, and is usually mostly a form issue. If you're letting your hips shoot up, work on your form until it doesn't happen.

It can be either/or, and is usually mostly a form issue. If you're letting your hips shoot up, work on your form until it doesn't happen.

Its only form if people do it regardless of weight lifted. Most people do it only when going near their limit.

Its only form if people do it regardless of weight lifted. Most people do it only when going near their limit.

Yep, when I'm about shit my intestines out on my last set, I must look
like John Travolta in Grease.
Only a lot more handsome. ;)

Quads are not the main group Of muscles responsible for hip extension. You can't squat heavy if your hip extension muscles are weak ie the "posterior chain".

Lots of bro science again. What is the cue for an Olympic lifter lift - hip drive or quad drive?

Quads are not the main group Of muscles responsible for hip extension. You can't squat heavy if your hip extension muscles are weak ie the "posterior chain".

Lots of bro science again. What is the cue for an Olympic lifter lift - hip drive or quad drive?

What are we talking about now?

And who are you directing this to?

The lower back and hamstring are doing sweet fuck all mechanical work when your fat arse is near the floor.

You upper torso is doing its utmost to keep the bar in the right plane.

Neither, the cue is chest up knees out

So if I'm doing this its my weak quads not my weak hamstrings? (I have a matching set)

Just front squat and do lots of them
One time I needed to bend over to pick something up and dipped my knees and just fell straight to the floor
This is how you know you've squatted enough that week

Just front squat and do lots of them
One time I needed to bend over to pick something up and dipped my knees and just fell straight to the floor
This is how you know you've squatted enough that week

OK I'll give them a go tomorrow. I haven't front squatted in a long time so it should be interesting.