• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Great Post-Workout Smoothie

Jim_Junkie

This guy has it going on!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDEi9NwELjw&playnext=1&videos=iyZDEaldt2E]YouTube - ‪Max's Ultimate post-workout Smoothie‬‎[/ame]

I have :D It was great, sort of like a thickshake.

Ingredients:
- 200ml Organic milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 200ml plain flavoured probiotic yoghurt
- 10g dried goji berries
- 10g dried wild blueberries
- 2 egg whites
- 10ml flaxseed oil
- 4 dates
- 30g maca powder (raw cacao)
- 20g natural peanut butter
- 5g greens powder
- 5g creatine
- 1 scoop ON Natural Whey (chocolate)

and viola! A thick, nutrient rich post workout smoothie! p.s I also down a 600ml bottle of water after drinking it to speed up absorption.

Probably vanilla or unflavoured protein would be better. Mixing choc with banana and the berries isn't great for taste.

I agree, unflavoured protein is my preferred choice. But, you would be surprised at the taste! Because there are a lot of ingredients any negative flavours seem to be smothered out. The end product is a slightly chocolaty thickshake......yet it has probiotics, phytonutrients, antioxidants, PROTEIN and good fats! not to mention it's insulin spiking.

Simply I just love it :D

I have :D It was great, sort of like a thickshake.

Ingredients:
- 200ml Organic milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 200ml plain flavoured probiotic yoghurt
- 10g dried goji berries
- 10g dried wild blueberries
- 2 egg whites
- 10ml flaxseed oil
- 4 dates
- 30g maca powder (raw cacao)
- 20g natural peanut butter
- 5g greens powder
- 5g creatine
- 1 scoop ON Natural Whey (chocolate)

and viola! A thick, nutrient rich post workout smoothie! p.s I also down a 600ml bottle of water after drinking it to speed up absorption.

I just made a modifed version

- 400mL of Milk
- Frozen Banana - Lg
- Peanut Butter - 15-20g
- Olive Oil - 15mL
- Strawberry
- 45g WPC Choc Protein
- 5g creatine
- 5g glutamine
- 2 tsps of organic Honey

i think that was all. Tasted surprisingly good.

PS. Where did u get your greens powder and goji berries from?

Greens powder and Goji Berries from Health food stores or maybe coles or woolies? Seems interesting but I'll stick to my quick and simple protein shake with a piece of fruit after training. Anything too heavy and I don't feel great after.

This makes me hungry - wasnt going to have a big cheat this weekend so think I might make a big ass protein thick shake!

You get goji berries and greens powder from your local health food shop :)

Also Theodawg, I am not certain of this, but I'm not sure if its a good idea to mix your creatine and glutamine. I've heard they compete for the same "carriers" or something to the cells and in the end one misses out. Although you might want someone else's opinion on that.

Cheers,

Greens powder and Goji Berries from Health food stores or maybe coles or woolies? Seems interesting but I'll stick to my quick and simple protein shake with a piece of fruit after training. Anything too heavy and I don't feel great after.

looked in coles - no luck
but i will try a different store

i think the heavy protein mixture affected me today. felt incredibly sick which is not what you want before a job trial.

You get goji berries and greens powder from your local health food shop

Also Theodawg, I am not certain of this, but I'm not sure if its a good idea to mix your creatine and glutamine. I've heard they compete for the same "carriers" or something to the cells and in the end one misses out. Although you might want someone else's opinion on that.

Cheers,

thats interesting I'll google it to see if theres a detriment to having both at once.

Cheers guys for the help