• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Green tea

davidwill

Banned
Is green tea good for health or not, I have listen that Green tea is good for weight loss or reduce belly fat, Is that true man.

if you don't put sugar and milk in it.. you will reduce calories compared to milk tea or coffee :D

I drink straight green teat every morning and when ever i feel down.Good stuff cleans your insides out like a detox.

Yeah green tea is good stuff. Used to drink 2-3 cups a day, felt better for it.

I should aim to drink it more regularly.

I have used green teat when Iam cutting (just the bags)...not sure how much it does....when I have it on an empty stomach though I will vomit most of the time or at least feel like Iam going to vomit....weird as!

i try to get 3 cups in a day, instead of coffee at work.

Try out the jasmine green tea. Less bitter, same stuff.

health benifits, Meh who knows really.

I love green tea. Usually have around 3-4 large cups per day. Fantastic in the morning and before workouts.
I usually drink Sencha as I find some of the gunpowder and other varieties harder to stomach and I don't like the flavour as much.
Always have my tea straight up, nothing added.

I second that Sencha motion. Love the stuff

Proper green tea should never be bitter if you steep it correctly. Shamefully most the stuff in stores require you to pour boiling water right on top and soak for 3 mins. Hence the tannins and bitterness :(
I find a few cups of Japanese green tea keeps me somewhat focused.

I was reading somewhere - (I will need to find it) that green tea can decrease test levels??? :S

I was reading somewhere - (I will need to find it) that green tea can decrease test levels??? :S

studies done on rodents with extremely high levels of green tea extract found this to be the case. BUT you'd have to drink swimming pools of the stuff to come anywhere close to the levels of green tea extract in the trials.
The other thing is: you are not a rodent.
unless of course you are. which I doubt.
so, if you drink a few cups of green tea, even brewed strong, per day ... you'll be getting benefits but seriously you are not going to get that sort of side effect..

:D

studies done on rodents with extremely high levels of green tea extract found this to be the case. BUT you'd have to drink swimming pools of the stuff to come anywhere close to the levels of green tea extract in the trials.
The other thing is: you are not a rodent.
unless of course you are. which I doubt.
so, if you drink a few cups of green tea, even brewed strong, per day ... you'll be getting benefits but seriously you are not going to get that sort of side effect..

:D

Pretty much what i thought lol

First I'd ever heard of that. Good summary CCM :)

as a scientist, I love ripping apart studies. unless they say chocolate is good for you, like the recent one stating chocolate keeps you slim.
I'm taking that on face value. I'm skinny and I eat choc every day. That's enough proof for me LOL

as a scientist, I love ripping apart studies. unless they say chocolate is good for you, like the recent one stating chocolate keeps you slim.
I'm taking that on face value. I'm skinny and I eat choc every day. That's enough proof for me LOL

What are the best foods to increase test levels???