• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

''Gyms in South East Queensland''

Fitnation

I live on the Sunshine Coast, and like everywhere else 24 hour gyms are taking over. Goodlife now has two gyms, one which has recently opened in Maroochydore. Independent gyms are becoming a thing of the past although Suncoast still has a gym in Maroochydore, it once held a monopoly on the coast which is now being challenged in a big way. Ezyfit seems to be a girls gym, which caters mainly to group fitness and women with children, a lot of hype about the place. There are a few hardcore ones including an underground one called The Muscle Hut. Probably not to dissimilar to what is in other parts of SEQ.

No need to respond like that, simply a statement that chains are now dominating the landscape. Independents were once dominant they aren't now. One thing I have notised is a lot of supplement shops springing up around the place, it appears they maybe bucking the downturn in retail spending. 24 hour gyms are still opening in numbers, possibly a few new players may enter the market.

I use to work at Lifestyle Health Club in Springwood formerly Springwood Sports Centre. Still I think the best independant gym going around in the area and they have a hold of Logan pretty well. That and they under cut the competition that moves in.

I use to work at Lifestyle Health Club in Springwood formerly Springwood Sports Centre. Still I think the best independant gym going around in the area and they have a hold of Logan pretty well. That and they under cut the competition that moves in.

I go there now, it's a great gym with good facilities.

Yeah I rate it. It was a very old school gym at one stage but they have kept up with the current market I think. It still by far has the most equipment I have seen in any gym. When I first started there they had some old school dumbells weighing around 80kg I think. They collected dust mostly lol.

They have it air conditioned upstairs yet?

Yeah I rate it. It was a very old school gym at one stage but they have kept up with the current market I think. It still by far has the most equipment I have seen in any gym. When I first started there they had some old school dumbells weighing around 80kg I think. They collected dust mostly lol.

They have it air conditioned upstairs yet?

Yeah they have it's ducted but they don't have it on all the time but when they do man is it fucking cold...

I think they don't have the 80kg DB's anymore but they to have 2 sets that go upto 60kg.

Good gym!!!

The one at the aquatic centre is decent, though small and shit when crowded, haven't trained there for a few years though

Talking to a mate who took a look at a place called Nitro in Chermside, sounds like an impressive gym, it is an MMA gym. Some of the MMA gyms are really hardcore. Also heard Max's 24 hour gym is't too bad for a 24 hour gym.