• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

n9rve

Hi I'm Jarrod, I trained for 3 and a half months this year at the beginning and stopped due to soft tissue injury.

Starting weight: 59kg
Height: 5.10"/5.11"

Current weight 75kg and havent touched a weight in like 3 months.

Went from 59-78kg using creatine only in 3.5 months and increased my strength alot with a 5 x 5 program.

Do you guys think the program I've written will work well for hypertrophy?

Upper body/Monday:
⦁ 2x warmup sets - Flat Bench x 8 reps
⦁ 3x sets - Flat BB Bench - 8x, 6x, 3x (increase weight every set)
⦁ 3x sets - Incline DB Press - 6-10 reps
⦁ superset 2x sets - Flyes (machine/weighted) 12-15 reps light weight
-
⦁ 2x warmup sets - Standing Military Press
⦁ 2x sets - Standing Military Press x 8 reps
-
⦁ 2x warmup sets - Seated Machine Rows x 8-10 reps
⦁ 3x sets - Seated Machine Rows x 8-10 reps
⦁ 2x sets - Pulldowns or Pullups x failure

Tuesday - Lower body day
⦁ 3x sets Squats - 15 reps + warmup set with bar
⦁ 3x sets Machine leg press - 12-15 reps
⦁ 3x sets Machine leg extensions - 12-15 reps
⦁ 3x sets Machine leg curls - 12-15 reps

Thursday - Failure day
⦁ 2x sets pullups x Failure
⦁ 2x sets chinups x Failure
⦁ 3x sets pulldowns x Failure
⦁ 3x sets situps x Failure
⦁ 2x sets abs machine x Failure

Upper body/Friday:
⦁ 3x sets - Incline DB Bench x 8 reps
⦁ 3x sets - Incline BB Press - 6-10 reps
⦁ superset 2x sets - Flyes (machine/weighted) 12-15 reps light weight
-
⦁ 2x warmup sets - Standing Military Press
⦁ 2x sets - Standing Military Press x 8 reps
-
⦁ 3x sets Hammer curls x 12-15 reps
⦁ 3x sets BB curls x 12-15 reps

Welcome Jarrod

If you want to train 4 times a week, why not stick with a 'normal' routine (aka bro-split)?
Chest/tri's
Back/Bi's
Legs
Shoulders

But if you want to work with what you've got, here's some of my thoughts...

2 working sets twice a week doesn't seem like enough for shoulders. I'd up it to 3 or 4 and include some front and/or lateral raises. Or maybe some db/Arnold presses.

I'm not sure on the 'failure' day. I'd just do abs each day and keep the back work to one day.

Add tri's in there somewhere.
Dips and skull crushers or cable pushdowns.

Add calves to leg day.

Take out the warm-up sets and have a look at how much volume you've got. Do you think it's enough?

Some of those days you could be in and out of the gym in 20 minutes or so. Is time a factor?

Last edited:
"Do you guys think the program I've written will work well for hypertrophy?"

If you're just starting out, then anything you do will stimulate strength and growth.
But I urge you to consider just using a full-body routine as opposed to the silly split routines.

At 59kg and your height you will need to work hard at it.

"Do you guys think the program I've written will work well for hypertrophy?"

If you're just starting out, then anything you do will stimulate strength and growth.
But I urge you to consider just using a full-body routine as opposed to the silly split routines.

At 59kg and your height you will need to work hard at it.
He started at 59kg, got up to 78 and is now 75kg goosey.

I agree though, still plenty of room for 'newbie gainz'. Another run of the 5x5, SS, PTC Beginner, etc etc would be a good thing

He started at 59kg, got up to 78 and is now 75kg goosey.

I agree though, still plenty of room for 'newbie gainz'. Another run of the 5x5, SS, PTC Beginner, etc etc would be a good thing

oops

I'd be interested to see how much extra muscle as opposed to fat was increased in that time.

Idk I used to do alot of pushups and curls and situps then when I started touching compound movements, using creatine and taking a surplus of 300-500 calories every day (dirty bulk not restricting to fats) I went from 59-78kg in maybe less than 3 and half months.

I lost pics from before :( RIP, heres some from when I was training and at 78kg

11ueooz.jpg

dlsryc.jpg

2ari51.jpg

I got alot of people asking me if I'm on juice at that size even though I felt skinny as fuck but it is what it is, I have a 32 inch waist and probably mad muscle memory from martial arts which helped me grow.

I plan on running winny and DMZ a PH with a PCT to help increase protein synthethis in my foot to fix my soft tissue injury and to start my first cycle ofc, I want to lean out as much as possible and increase lean dry gains. Yes I've done my research and know what I'm getting into, only reason I'm not taking 500mg of TEST for 12 weeks is because I don't want to jab since I have to get a monthly injection for something else atm.

You would all congratulate me if you saw my before pics. I played games for 12 hours a day like a nerd and finally bought myself a gym membership and learnt so much in those months. It's changed my life the iron bug hit me lol.

EDIT: dont laugh at my face I know im already fugly

Last edited:
Hey dude, maybe try stronglifts or something full body.. They are great ways for beginners to get strong
Yeah bro I was thinking stronglifts 5 x 5 basic program, when I get on the gear I might need to change it to 5 days a week though. Once I'm no longer natty my training should be 5-6 days a week and a bit more intense right? Is there much of a difference between natural and enhanced training programs though or will a stronglifts do me good with some winny and dmz

You've trained for 4 months and already want to hit up PH's?
I've been an athlete my whole life and trained muay thai and tkd for years so I'm pretty healthy, but yeah I won't say you're wrong l0l

Am I ruining my full potential by getting on now than in 2 years when I reach my near natty physique?

How old are you?

If you can gain 5kg/month, I'm sure there's a lot of natural potential left.