• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

home gyms

S

sandman

Does anyone train at home?

What euipment do you use? What do you think is essential?

Can you train to exhuastion with a partner?

I'm thinking about canceling my membership due to lack of funds and time. Would rather train at home in my own time. This means i'll have to get my own equipment and I'll also not have a spotter sometimes.

Sandman,
Yep, I only train at home. I have a York 925 gym, 20kg dumbell set, punching bag, speed ball, York Treadmill.

Because I have just about run out of weights on the gym, I am hoping to get a workbench and free weights.

The only problem is the cost, free weights - cast iron, are very expensive. The cost has shot through the roof! I am after 200kg of weights, but it will cost an absolute fortune!!!

SpeedBag.jpg

Bagtreadmill.jpg

Gym.jpg

I don't train with a partner, I just train to near exhaustion, then I only have to walk back in the door.
I dont have every machine to train every muscle, but I'm a little too old to worry about that know.

MightyTriby

i guess it depends on how much room you have , what your budget is
can check out the local papers for cheap gear
you wont hit every muscle group unless you have the funds
essential equipment , barbells/dumbbells for one and a bench with a leg extension

Last edited:
Im moving house next month and have a large free room that mum said i can use as a gym.
Im getting a power cage with lat pull down attachment, decline, flat, incline bench, Olympic bar and plates and an exercise bike.
I will post pics next month after the flooring, mirrors and equipment are in the room.

MightyTriby, I use a similar machine which I have only recenlty purchased, but it is hard to get ideas on a suitable routine, based on the machine side of things, would you be albe to expand on the routine you use with the home gym. It would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jay7478,

Hope you enjoy your machine, mine gets a good workout;).

Did you get an exercise sheet with the gym? If so just follow the excersises for the muscle group you want to hit. Develop a routine.

Give me a couple of days, I might be able to get a copy of the workout sheet. The sheet is in A2 or A1 size, so it is hard to scan it in. I will get back to you, to see if I can get a smaller copy etc to post.

MightyTriby

Thanks for that,I seem to have worked it out, from alot of reading through various forums and websites.

The issue was that I didnt get a manual, and therefore just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. givne the majority of forums and websites comment on free weights, and I was looking for a full body program based on a machine / cable set up.

So far so good. Thanks again for the offer.

Cheers

Jay,
I could not get or scan a smaller copy of the routines etc.:(
Hope it all works out for you, post a photo of the machine.:)

MightyTriby

Home Gym
  1. Powertech power rack $700
  2. Powertech utility bench $400
  3. Olympic bar + plates $300
  4. Iron master im1000 self lock dumbells 2.5kg to 57 kg settings $800
  5. Powertech bicep curl attachment $250
  6. Powertech seated calf raise $400
Total $2850 +shipping. can fit all this in probably 3m by 2m or less.
for cardio go running outside.

Does anyone train at home? Yes

What euipment do you use? What do you think is essential? Power rack with a barbell and plates.

Can you train to exhuastion with a partner? Don't need to train to exhaustion

I'm thinking about canceling my membership due to lack of funds and time. Would rather train at home in my own time. This means i'll have to get my own equipment and I'll also not have a spotter sometimes.
Cancel the gym membership ASAP if not already done so and buy a power rack. Stop giving money away to commercial gyms. train on your own terms.