• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you cycle your creatine?

Oilucy

I Recently started taking creatine (loving it!). Was initially using Concret which apparently requires no loading or cycling but switched to another brand about a month ago and it is much better.
I loaded for one week then have taken one teaspoon/day before I go to the gym for the last three weeks.
Am I supposed to stop and break for a week once a month?
Someone else told me she cycles 3 days on and 3 days off so I'd love to head what others are doing....
Also what is the difference between taking before and after a workout? Which is better and why?

I Recently started taking creatine (loving it!). Was initially using Concret which apparently requires no loading or cycling but switched to another brand about a month ago and it is much better.
I loaded for one week then have taken one teaspoon/day before I go to the gym for the last three weeks.
Am I supposed to stop and break for a week once a month?
Someone else told me she cycles 3 days on and 3 days off so I'd love to head what others are doing....
Also what is the difference between taking before and after a workout? Which is better and why?

Won't hurt to take a week or two off creatine every 8-10 weeks. Like Bazza said you don't have to but can't hurt to give the receptors a break every so often.

I haven't used creatine in years. I can't say it ever really did anything for me.

My energy levels have always been more closely related to my diet than to supplements.

Thanks. Ill keep taking it in that case as I can lift more weight or run longer after I take it. Loving the stuff.

No need to cycle it, no need to load it. No need to buy overpriced stuff like concrete, which is only a brand name, no different to the creatine you buy online for $19/kg.

By the way if you pay any more that $20kg for pure creatine you are getting raped:p

Also take it any time you like, but some say that it gets absorbed quicker during a workout.

Its one of the only supps I take. I have it the same time every day so I don't forget. No need to cycle it.