• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does this eating plan look for my missus

Gunner

As the title suggests, my missus is about to start weight training.

How does this eating plan look for her?

I reckon her BMR is around 2200 calories so have droped it by 10% to approx 1900 -2000 Calories. Another 10% will be burnt doing weights 3 times a week and 2-3 cardio sessions.

7.30am
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
2 slices mulitgrain toast

10.30pm
30g WPI/WPC
40g oatmass
5g Cacao Powder

12.20pm - pre/during workout
5g EAA's
10g BCAA's
5g glutamine

1.30pm - post workout
10g EAA's
5g BCAA's
5g glutamine
1 scoop endura (for carbs)

2pm
100g chicken
200g steamed vege
100g sweet potato
multivitamin

4pm
30g WPI/WPC
40g oatmass
5g Cacao Powder

6pm - 6.30pm
100g steak
200 steamed vege
2 fish oil capsules

8.30pm - 9pm
30g casein
5g glutamine
20 almonds

approx 1900 calories

Last edited:
That looks like a text book diet. Perfect.

Unless she's used to a diet like that then i'd be surprised if she sticks to it.

And if she's about to start weight training then her caloric requirements are going to go up. Maybe be a little more kind to begin with and see how she tolerates the extra work without such a hard-core diet. Eating that clean can be hard work.

That looks like a text book diet. Perfect.

Thanks

Unless she's used to a diet like that then i'd be surprised if she sticks to it.

She will. I'll make sure she does. She wants the results and has the determination to do it. She has lost 60kg in the last 2 years. So now she wants to do more weight training to build back up her muscle mass.

And if she's about to start weight training then her caloric requirements are going to go up. Maybe be a little more kind to begin with and see how she tolerates the extra work without such a hard-core diet. Eating that clean can be hard work.

She is used to a diet (I hate that word) similar to this but with lower protein. I bumbed it right up for her in this one since shes gonna start weight training. Her calorific intake was around 1200 to 1500 so this (1900 - 2000) should be suffice for the extra strain on her body.

12.20am - pre/during workout
10g EAA's
5g glutamine
1 scoop xtend

1.30pm - post workout
20g EAA's
10g glutamin
2 scoops xtend
2 scoops endura (for carbs)

This is over kill my opinion.

The pre / during workout is fine but no need for the post workout if she is having a shake right after.

I would do this.

1 scoop Xtend,
5gm Glutamine
10gm EAA's
2 Scoops Endura

Drink this pre / during.

The rest looks very good.
I need to get my missus onto something similar.

10g EAA's
5g glutamine
1 scoop xtend

1.30pm - post workout
20g EAA's
10g glutamin
2 scoops xtend

The pre / during workout is fine but no need for the post workout if she is having a shake right after.

I would do this.

1 scoop Xtend,
5gm Glutamine
10gm EAA's
2 Scoops Endura

Drink this pre / during.

Thanks Shrek. The shake is not for an hour later after the post workout aminos and is only to replace a whole food meal only because she would be doing the afternoon school pickup. I would prefer her to have a whole food meal an hour later but just can't do it at that time of the day

Thanks Shrek. What do you think about this: sip on the aminos during workout then straight to a whole food meal immediately after. Have the shake mid afternoon as a meal replacement

I think depends if she can take it.

Its all well and good to eat a meal right after training, however depending how hard your workout was where has all the blood rushed too? Your muscles.. So how much digesiton are you going to get happening?

Logically a shake at this time is better then an hour later eat food. I cant eat straight after training i will spew.

I think depends if she can take it.

Its all well and good to eat a meal right after training, however depending how hard your workout was where has all the blood rushed too? Your muscles.. So how much digesiton are you going to get happening?

Logically a shake at this time is better then an hour later eat food. I cant eat straight after training i will spew.

Thanks mate. Yeah that's why I put in a liquid aminos and carb drink post workout.

10g EAA's
5g glutamine
1 scoop xtend

1.30pm - post workout
20g EAA's
10g glutamin
2 scoops xtend

I would do this.

1 scoop Xtend,
5gm Glutamine
10gm EAA's
2 Scoops Endura

Drink this pre / during.

Another question for you Shrek. I know you are a big fan of EAA's, so am I. Do you know how many grams of EAA's and glutamine is equal to a whey shake. I only ask because I am thinking maybe 20g EAA's & 10g glutamine might be like you were saying a bit of an over kill. Should it just be 10g EAA's & 5g glutamine post workout

Another question for you Shrek. I know you are a big fan of EAA's, so am I. Do you know how many grams of EAA's and glutamine is equal to a whey shake. I only ask because I am thinking maybe 20g EAA's & 10g glutamine might be like you were saying a bit of an over kill. Should it just be 10g EAA's & 5g glutamine post workout
Hey Gunner, My Post workout shake (100% whey gold standard) has 11g of EAA's and has 4g of Glutamine.

Hey guys! Newbie here. :) just wondering about all these shops etc. I don't take any and don't plan to (besides fish oil caps). How important or unimportant to do you think they are? I have 4 weight sessions and 5 cardio sessions a week and have been making some pretty good gains. Starting to lean out quite nicely. I'm just about to start taking a 100% WPI powder (no added sweeteners, additives, flavours etc) and think this might be enough along with a good diet. Thoughts?