• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How many reps for side lateral raised?

How many reps for side lateral raised?

• Less than 6

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 6-10

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 11-15

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combination or all of the above

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
POLL
How many do you do? What is an effective rep range?

Last edited:
I usually work between 11-15 and sometimes up to 20. Any lower I find my delts not being work effectively and larger muscles like the traps take over.

I'm refering to rear delts here as atm not doing sides, but same, same fuken.
Got to hit at least 10, cant really feel em with heavier lower rep sets.

depends on the weight and how it fits into my assistance stuff.

Lower reps (ie <= 10) if using a heavy weight for me
but up to 20 reps if using a light weight or anyting in between.

has to feel like I hate them by the last two reps :)

I've been doing 4-5 sets of 10 reps with 5kg - 6.25kg for the last few months.

I don't use my trap at all to raise the weight and make sure I get a full ROM (if I used 1.25kg I couldnt get any more ROM) and I think it's helped and worked well. Last workout I put on 13.25kg and I could get a few reps with full ROM. I'm not weak, I think I could probably hoist up 20kg using my trap but I've found the light weights work.

I've also been doing wider grip overhead press which may have contributed.

I doubt doing 4 reps would isolate the muscle properly unless you leave lots left in the tank.

Most of the time I will go to 6 on laterals but sometimes I will up the weight where I can only get to 4 - I do agree its one of those exercises that really do need to be isolated...most of the time I will do cable laterals which I feel do isolate/hit the delts moreso than dbs. This is just what works for me though - everyone is diff!

Yeah like the cables. Try them from behind the body. It really isolates the medial head better.

Yeah like the cables. Try them from behind the body. It really isolates the medial head better.

I think the mid-scapular plane has the best activation/ is less painful. 10-12 is a good rep range, heavier low rep sets often mean bad form