• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Cycling] hybrid vs mountain bike

S

stratco

Hi I would like your advice.on my last post i was asking about a road bike or a hybrid , after talking to the local bike shop and weighing up the options i brought a trek 7.3 hybrid bike,its a good bike, comfortable and fast 700-wheels.

But after taking it for a ride i have found that it feels every bump, while i will be riding on road with cars but i plan on using it for some rough urban riding and exercise. The shop keeper was alright and said i could exchange it if i wasn't happy ( haven't given the bike a flogging just yet ;) ) After a bit more researching I am thinking about exchanging it for a trek 4500 with the bigger hardtail frame, bigger wheels and front suspension

I want something for urban riding, something that can handle bumps jumps and gutters , i suppose i should've decided all this at the start but after riding i have decided what i want out of a bike

I want a light bike thats durable for urban riding and under 600$

found a good shop if they are willing to do an exchange like that

A 700cc sized wheel will go faster compared to that of a a 26 inch, but as you have found it comes with its draws back a 700cc rim can't stand up to aggressive riding and you feel more of bumps in the road.

I'd say you are making a wise choice switching of that a 26 inch rim. Sure it might not be as fast to the that of a 700C but you will be able to go off road and take short cuts

What it comes down to is it speed or durability that you are after . 700cc = speed and feeling bumps in the road, or, a 26 inch rim = durability with 10% speed loss and less road feel.

what you could always do is put slicks/semi slicks and smaller tyre on like 26x1.75
make sure you are running the right pressure for speed and control
- Adjust the geometry for an on-road riding position. get the saddle-pedal length right, then set the bars level with or slightly higher then the top of the saddle.

with the above slight mods should make for a good ride , giving the robust of a mountain bike able to take the bumps and jumps