• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I need a new blender

We have a Vitamix, know fuckall about appliances, but I can tell you that:
simple to use, throw shit in and hit the button
easy to rinse / wash
motor is ballsy
long warranty
missus loves it

Yes Vitamix are the rolls Royce. Made by Roband and used in a lot of commercial environments.
Boost Juice bars run the in bench mounted ones and have seen them click over 90,000 cycles with out a problem.

We have a Vitamix, know fuckall about appliances, but I can tell you that:
simple to use, throw shit in and hit the button
easy to rinse / wash
motor is ballsy
long warranty
missus loves it
if the missus loves it, its all that matters......

Saw a jb hi fi catalogue today..

Theres a blender called the 'ninja' (whatevs).. Thing cost like $500-$600!! Fuk dat.

Got a nutri-bullet rip off from Kogan for about $40... Good thing, but only gripe is it's tiny.

You wont make a big shake with it, but enough to have a post workout fix.

I use a Braun stick blender $49. Stick everything in a jug, blender it to smithereens with this non-sex toy, then chug it all down. So easy to clean! Win/win.

Theres a blender called the 'ninja' (whatevs).. Thing cost like $500-$600!! Fuk dat.

Ninja Mega Kitchen System? It's on home shopping as we speak lol

Don't use blenders very often so I'd just recommend the average cheapish one. You'll still get a few years out of it at least

Went through 2 x kmart 40 buck specials which kinda did the job and was massively annoying to wash all the time... Decided to bite the bullet and got the NutriBullet (no pun intended) and is seriously worth it, blends the sh*t outta everything and easy to clean!
700ish ml jugs come with it and I have no problem fitting oats, WPC, berries, milk etc etc in it.
Similar price to the Vitamix I heard, no regrets here!

Sh*t I should be getting comms with a review like that!

I did quite a bit of research when buying a blender last year. At the time, the Breville blenders were rated the best for their price. About $200 will get you a decent one. I use mine every single day for about 70 seconds. Still going strong like the day I got it. The design of the jug creates a vortex so all the food gets sucked into the blades.

Otherwise, Vitamix or Blentec are the ultimate blenders, but will cost about $500.

Blender | Breville Blenders | Kinetix blades

I can't see why a high powered blender is needed if all you will be doing is whizzing up some WPI, milk, bananas and oats. Unless you are adding whole avocados into your shake as well! The Breville blender is great.. for chopping up the ice for mojitos but for the protein based slurps I find that the hand blender works perfectly and is easier to clean too.

We regularly make veggie shakes at home so were pushing some pretty stiff stuff through it ie. beetroots, celery, kale etc - we went with an aussie brand (made in china) called Omniblend - OmniBlend Australia Shop - Australias Best Power Blender

we're making about 10L of the stuff a week so it gets a decent workout

fW7uJOul.jpg

strong warranty and IMO vitamix performance for under $350 - japanese 6 blade spinner (3 facing up and 3 facing down) whole thing comes apart to clean and the control panel is completely sealed so no spills get into the equipment

also should you break any of the equipment (plunger, blade, container etc.) you can order individual components from Omniblend

SUjLXjW.jpg

nutri bullet. missus wanted one,i thought it was a gimmicky piece of shit. i use it all the time and she hardly touches it. can throw anything in there like almonds, oats, fibrous veggies and fruit and it comes out smoother than any other blender ive used