• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I need to be 180 like yesterday

wyndham

Hello, this is my first post (been lurking for a few months). Joined a fitness center a month ago and started working out an hour a day, five days/week. I hit the machines first, then the treadmill. My initial weight was 211 which is too much for a 5.6, 65 years old guy. I started building a little muscle, and saw some fat reduction, but my weight is not coming down. I know this could be because I'm developing lean body mass, but I really need to get rid of the spare tire.

Being a vegetarian, my protein comes from:

eggs (2 a day)
Cheddar Cheese (2 -3 oz a day)
whole milk plain yogurt (1-2 cups a day)
Parmesan cheese (3-4 tsp a day)

I also use:

extra virgin olive oil (4 tsp day)
nuts and sees (1 cup a day)
vegetables and fruits.

How can I do some serious fat burning? TIA for your responses. :)

One month to lose nearly 15kg is a huge ask of anyone, let alone a 65 year old. Getting in there 5x p/week is fantastic and a huge success in and of itself.

If you want more specific help I would say list your actual diet, as well as your actual training.

I would also suggest getting a checkup if you haven't done so already, hypertension and other conditions can put you at risk if you don't train around them correctly.

Are we talking kg here?

If you were 211kg on a proper vegetarian diet i would be looking at other issues i.e health. Have you had everything checked out?

Do you eat proper/smart for a vego? Or is dinner white pasta w/bread and sauce?

Low-Fat Yogurt contains hidden starch which, I've read somewhere, makes the low-fat more fattening than plain.

That depends what yoghurt you buy...

yofagpetitnomnom 50 billion flavours yadda yadda maybe.. But not proper yoghurt that has only used skim milk and a starter culture.. Infact yoghurt is so easy to make you might as well do it yourself. At least then you know what goes into it..

Google around for a how to.

eggs (2 a day)
Cheddar Cheese (2 -3 oz a day)
whole milk plain yogurt (1-2 cups a day)
Parmesan cheese (3-4 tsp a day)

I also use:

extra virgin olive oil (4 tsp day)
nuts and sees (1 cup a day)
vegetables and fruits.

Are you saying that is all you eat?

I assumed not because he said he is vegetarian but his protien comes form those sources but then he said it was listed so im confused or my computer is being retarded.

I think noobs wants a more detailed diet than what you have put up. I would too that is not really giving us any details, you could be eating about 1000 calories by that list which is not high enough to support you properly.

I think noobs wants a more detailed diet than what you have put up. I would too that is not really giving us any details, you could be eating about 1000 calories by that list which is not high enough to support you properly.

Or he could be eating 10000 claories of low fat pasta and bread....

:eek:

eek

That depends what yoghurt you buy...

yoghurt is so easy to make you might as well do it yourself. At least then you know what goes into it.

Been making yogurt since I was weaned from my mother's milk :) But currently I'm in a situation where I can't make my own, so I'm buying organic whole milk yogurt called Strauss which is made by a small organic farm in northern California. But there's nothing like making your own yogurt. I used to make it with Bulgarian culture that came from Canada.

Im still confused what you eat..

Write down everything you have eaten during the last 3 days. and post it here.

Write down what you have had for each meal today and work out the calories. We do not want just food choices but a meal list. You may not be eating enough as it doesn't seem like you are eating crap, you may also want a slight protein increase from varied sources. Exercise wise hard and fast works best along with some weight training to give you a better body composition.
Posted via Mobile Device