• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ideas for Mon-Tue-Wed-Thu program

Hi guys,

Mainly after some advice on what exercises to do on what days.

If it helps, I haven't tested 1RM's properly but best lifts are:

Squat: 140kg x 1
Bench: 80kg x 2
Deadlift: 160kg x 3
Press: at a guess 55kg x 1
Pendlay row: 70kg x 2

I'd like to focus on getting bench and OHP up.

Sometimes I do an RPM class on a Tuesday night, I'm thinning maybe deadlifts can be done after that? I'd also like to fit in SLDL's, bench assistance, calves, bicep curls, chins etc. Am I dreaming?

Any advice is much appreciated.

thanks

Pretty shitty days to work with, but off the top of my head, here's what I might do...

Mon: bench, row, dips, chins
Tue: squat, sldl, abs, calves
Wed: press, pullups, tris 'n bis
Thu: light squats / front squats, deads, hams

It'd be taxing at first for most people, I reckon. But if you can get used to it, maybe it could work.

Dunno what RPM training is, so it could also just be totally wrong...

Pretty shitty days to work with, but off the top of my head, here's what I might do...

Mon: bench, row, dips, chins
Tue: squat, sldl, abs, calves
Wed: press, pullups, tris 'n bis
Thu: light squats / front squats, deads, hams

It'd be taxing at first for most people, I reckon. But if you can get used to it, maybe it could work.

Dunno what RPM training is, so it could also just be totally wrong...

Thanks [MENTION=10048]McKwl[/MENTION];, looks good. Yep the days aren't ideal but these are the only days I can consistently get to the gym.

Dips hammer my shoulder, so I'll give them a miss, any other substitutes?

Sorry RPM is a spin/cycle class. I was thinking do deads after the class to free up time another day. I might ditch the RPM class if needs be.

Monday: Heavy
Tuesday: Light
Wednesday: Heavy
Thursday: Medium

Light - 3x8 pump work
Medium - 4-6x6 @ ~75%
Heavy - 6-10x2-4 @ ~85-90%

Each day pick one from each group:

A: Squat, deadlift, front squat
B: Press, bench press
C: Shrugs, barbell rows, weighted pull-ups
D: Arms, neck, misc shit

Used a program like this when I played football. Actual program went mon, tues, thurs, fri, but never found it mattered if you did a workout on a different day.

Mon - bench, incline, press, rows
Tues - squat, sl deadlift, lunges, rows
Wed - same as monday but 2 sets
Fri -same as tuesday but 2 sets

Basically 2 cycles 65,70,75%x10 and 75,80,85%x5
On the Wed and Friday only do 65,70% and 75,80%

Cycles went 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks repeat...

Lots of guys on the team made great gains.

Is your primary goal to get strong? If so, ditch rpm and do deadlifts.

I like the look of McKwl's program. Can switch dips to tricep extensions and db flys.

Bit late but thanks for the replies fellas.

This is what I've been doing for the last few months:

Monday
Heavy SOHP 5x5. I just got through 55kg on Monday so now I'm up to 57.5kg.
Medium Squats. 60kg x 20, 60kg x 30, 80kg x 20. Will probably go up to 90kg x 20 next week. Ultimate goal is 1.5BW x 20, also 80kg x 50 or something.
Incline DB press. Doing these for bench assisatance. 20kg x 15, 25kg x 10, 30kg x 8. I'm ruibbish at these getting better though. Wussy forearms trying to hold the DB don't help.
I also throw in some wrist curls at the end.

Tuesday
Heavy deadlift. I do SLDL as a warmup for deads. Build up to 100kg maybe 8-10, then a few at 120kg. Then conventional deads up to 160kg, could only manage 3 this Tuesday.
Heavy Pendlay rows. 5x5, up to 70kg, superset with calves. Seated callves, extensions in the 45 degree leg press machine, standing in the smith machine, supersetted with barbell curls, hammer curls. Going to give these a try for DB curls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCrNADRl6g

Wednesday
Standing BTN press, work up to 40kg.
Shrugs and barbell holds. Wrist curls.
Need more for Wednesday, thinking of some lower back stuff, good mronings maybe? I have tried these but the bar slides down my back/neck towards my head, not sure what I'm doing wrong, need to do them more.

Thursday
Heavy squats. 5x5, did 132.5kg this Thursday, up to 135kg next week.
Heavy bench. 5x5, upto 85kg, did 5,5,4,4,3.
Rope pushdowns, pushdowns using this triangle bar thingo, I like them better than the straight bar.
CGBP and French press, heard about them from this thread.

Weekends normally doing something, ride on my pushy, round of golf.

Need to eat preoperly next.

I'm liking this at the moment and will keep at it for a few more months. Any obvious problems, more volume maybe? Would really love to get bench up.

Last edited:
If you are feeling fresh and healthy, more volume is probably a good idea
I normally back off when I start getting bad muscle cramping