• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm a novice. How do I rate?

LiftinLarge

Hi all,

I've been training on and off for the last 8 years; powerlifting training for the past year. Used to be a shameless curl bro.

Was wondering how I rate among fellow novices?

Below are my stats and 1rms. Never competed.

BW: 72kg
Bench Press: 135kg (with 2 second pause on chest to emulate competition, slight lower back arch)
Deadlift: 200kg (could probably pull 210 with strain and form breakdown)
Rack pull: 230kg (pull from a little below knee height + hold for 10 seconds for grip training)
Squat: 180kg (Neoprene knee sleeves), powerlifting belt, low bar style.
OMP: 73kg

Cheers,

Wouldn't mind competing at some stage, to fully test out my maxes with spotters, etc.

At the moment, I'm a little reluctant asking people to spot squats, given that most people at commercial gyms are understandably a little hesitant spotting 200kgs. I train at FF :p

Does anyone know of any single lift comps going on in Sydney?

Also, if I were to join, I'd probably compete in the 74kg weight class (?)

What numbers are people usually putting up there for these lifts?

Also, if I were to join, I'd probably compete in the 74kg weight class (?)

What numbers are people usually putting up there for these lifts?

You could hunt down a gym comp to pop your cherry then join a fed. Decent 74s would be similar to your bench and squat with maybe a slightly higher dead. One of my guys is a junior going for the Aus records with 200/150/245.

You are at the upper end of A grade on the powerlifting Australia scale for 74kg and if your deadlift is what you think it is, then you are touching the Elite2 standard. That means you can make the Australian team, should you wish to join IPF and be tested.

Wouldn't mind competing at some stage, to fully test out my maxes with spotters, etc.

At the moment, I'm a little reluctant asking people to spot squats, given that most people at commercial gyms are understandably a little hesitant spotting 200kgs. I train at FF :p

Does anyone know of any single lift comps going on in Sydney?

I'm pretty sure at North Sydney - Walker Street FF there is a PA powerlifting team that trains there. They have an eleiko PL comp set I believe.

Worth checking out anyway.

>trains on and off for bodybuilding for 7 years
>trains for powerlifting for one year seriously
>same stats as someone who has trained for powerlifting for 8 years