• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Increasing the metabolic rate

5-HTP + tyrosine will help. So will spicing your food.
Clenbuterol increases metabolic rate by 5%. Find your BMR, then increase it by 5%. For the mathematically challenged that's (BMR) + (BMR*.05) = New BMR. Then take one away from the other to find calories burned.

Unimpressed? Yeah. That's clenbuterol. Supplements and diet will be even less. We are talking less than 100kcal a day here. Now if you're dieting very hard and are finding metabolic rate dropping, these will help a lot. But increasing your NEAT (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12468415) is a better way to do things. I like to stand up when I play pokemon at night, or I'll walk around at work more or chew gum. All these little things help

By far the best thing to increase your metabolism is to exercise, eat sensibly and don't skip breakfast.
No pill or powder can come close.

Last edited:
- Carnitine does nothing
- burner combo - looks pretty much like green tea and caffeine
- green tea - same as above

Green tea and caffeine are an ok mix and will help abit - but getting outa bed earlier and training/doing cardio will draw more results....and of course keeping diet clean.

By far the best thing to increase your metabolism is to exercise, eat sensibly and don't skip breakfast.
No pill or powder can come close.

Darkoz, would all the IF people disagree with your comment on breakfast? I thought timing didn't matter etc etc... or is this question about to open a can of worms?

Darkoz, would all the IF people disagree with your comment on breakfast? I thought timing didn't matter etc etc... or is this question about to open a can of worms?

I don't know, maybe some would Jimmy
I can only go by my own observation

It's not whether or not you have breakfast it's what you have for breakfast
Ya not having breakfast will decrease BMR
Even Berkhan admits there is no evidence to suggest you're not going catabolic
That's why I opt for a PSMF instead

If you want breakfast, go for high protein and zero carbs. You will get all the benefits of fasting still. Go low fat as well as fats slow down absorption.

Basically with nutrient timing...
High protein, low carbs/fats
Sugars before/during training
Lots of carbs after training
Each meal after training, lower carbs and go for lower GI, increase fats
Last meal should be fatty to give slow absorption of aminos thru the night

Breakfast is the first meal of the day, break.....fast.

I have mine at 10:00am

For a while i have had breakfast after my early morning gym session, morning goes something like this:
5.30 wake up
6:05 arrive at gym
7:10 leave gym
7:30 eat breakfast and drink coffee
8:10 go to work

For breakfast i am having 1.5 cups of Just Right, a sliced banana and skim milk as well as the coffee and a small tub of yoghurt, about 650 calories all up.

My breakfast is:

Stone crushed oats 60gm
mixed and soaked overnight with;
orange Juice
coconut yogurt
DS of almond butter
Cream
Stewed apple.

oats are a amazing! does soaking them make them taste better?

I just smashing them in my PWO shake with water and a scoop of whey.

caffeine and green tea will give you a small boost and help fight off hunger if you want to lose weight

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys can feel satisfied with less than 2 cups of oats dry weight