• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Integrity

It's always been important to me, reading a book about today makes me think about mine.

ill share later, but what's it mean to you?
how important is it, to you?

To me means people can rely on me, not necessarily to do the right thing, more to do what needs doing

Integrity - Doing what is right and doing what we say we will do.

Drummed in to me as one of work's charter values but definitely holds true to the way I go about things. Not only at work but even more so at home.

Going through some pretty tough times, be it pain physically and or mentally is something that at least had given me the opportunity to feel compassion which leads to feeling less anger, to me, integrity also encompasses these.
A sense of compassion and the ability to control anger.

i like this quote; "beware the fury of a patient man."

Compassion becomes more a part of respect for me. I think all these sorts of moral values roll in with each other but integrity by itself is more about holding true to your word. Something most politicians lack!

I do agree, i think there are aspects and experiences in ones life that determine a level of integrity

Integrity for me means staying true to your personal values and moral compass. This obviously changes over time as we adjust our understanding to what this means based on life experiences, sometimes for good and sometimes for the not so good. I am aware that if I do or say something and its followed by a flash of unpleasantness that runs from the back of the chest all the way down to the middle of the balls, that's my conscience telling me that the boundaries of my integrity are being tested.

being able to speak up when something is wrong and being able to say so when you've messed up. Knowing right from wrong and just being an all round top guy

Owning my fuckups and doing the right thing instead of the easy thing is important to me, I'm still stupid enough to believe a man's word means something and I don't take others generosity towards me lightly.

Your integrity is the only thing that can't be taken from you, it takes a lifetime to build and moment to destroy.