• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is juice just as bad as soda/cool drink/soft drink?

Is soft drink bad !!!

I thought when they say to drink 4 litres of fluid a day, I thought it could be anything.
Maybe I should rethink my consumption of a 2L bottle of coke and 6 coffees/day.
But atleast I have a juice in the morning, so that's ok isn't it?

I'm sure I can't be as bad as you Kindred with your 2 bottles of vodka which you drink straight !!!

I dint drink them both i left with one and i came back with one... just different ones thats all...

And i wanted to know if juice was the same as soft drink. They both seem to have a shiz load of sugar but sometimes some things are considered ok because pros out weigh the cons.

OMG Shrek you were right the skim reading has started!

Some will say its bad for you others will say it's good for you
Moderation is the key,juice contains antioxidents, vitamin C and other essential nutrients

Totally depends what juice you are talking about.

Freshly juiced carrots, celery, fruits, vegetables are great for you, as far as I know.

Pre-packaged juices are usually shit, and yes, some juices are just full of sugar.

Drink water and get used to it.
Since starting training seriously 8 months ago, all I drink is milk and water.
Tea and coffee once in a while.
The best part is that I have no craving for soft drinks any more at all, used to drink a fair bit. Probably averege about 1 cans worth of softdrink about once every month or so now.

Juice can have a much higher kilojoule content than soft drink, but it also contains more nutients..... where as the nutritional value of soft drink is what,..... stuff all?

Youre better off eating the fruit. An apple contains about 100cals. How many apples does it take to make a glass of juice?
You also get the fiber from eating the fruit.

Soft drink...... well, in my book its a total No-No! See my post in the sugar topic. Basically it dehydrates you.

Water and coffee are all I drink. I drink 2 to 3 litres of water a day to make up for all the loss caused by exercise and coffee. Id die without my coffee though. :)