• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Knee sleeves

Bazza20

What knee sleeves do people here use. Used TKs for over a year and they are good but was keen on something thicker. Got some Titan ones and they were great, thick and easy to put on but they fell apart after about a month and a half of use. What else is there.

I use Titan knee sleeves, alot have ripped lately with a bad batch and I believe he was exchanging them?
Otherwise they insulate well and are comfortable to wear! Mine haven't ripped but all the others handed out at PTC ripped after a few workouts. Markos said the same thing and that it was all a bad batch.

I bought a pair of Titan sleeves and, as Deep mentioned, they ripped after 4 sessions. I haven't yet received replacements (which will supposedly have the flaw fixed), so can't recommend them.

I think Owen at PTC uses TK sleeves and they look thicker (almost like rubber) than the Titans imo.

Mate the sleeves will do bugger all to protect against the tendonitis. What have you been doing to treat it?

Mate the sleeves will do bugger all to protect against the tendonitis. What have you been doing to treat it?

Haha yeah. I have had it for like 5 years. I know knee sleeves don't protect against it. They just warm the area up so they don't hurt while squatting. I have tried pretty much everything. I have lost count of the number of physios who told me they could fix it no worries and failed.

Haha yeah. I have had it for like 5 years. I know knee sleeves don't protect against it. They just warm the area up so they don't hurt while squatting. I have tried pretty much everything. I have lost count of the number of physios who told me they could fix it no worries and failed.

Have you tried PRP?

Where'd you have it done? Have you also taken a break from any exercise that stirs it up?

I had it really bad a while back (body weight squats hurt, couldn't even kneel on it) but its good now (not 100% but can squat heavy again)

Wraps are the only thing allowing me to squat.

I need the pressure around where the vastus lateralis meets above the knee.

Bodyweight squats hurt without it.

Where'd you have it done? Have you also taken a break from any exercise that stirs it up?

I had it really bad a while back (body weight squats hurt, couldn't even kneel on it) but its good now (not 100% but can squat heavy again)

When mine was at its worst I couldn't even get close to doing a BW squat. I had 2 years off footy and it got slightly better but never totally went away.

Wraps are the only thing allowing me to squat.

I need the pressure around where the vastus lateralis meets above the knee.

Bodyweight squats hurt without it.

Yep. Pressure makes it feel better for squatting. I just want some heat and pressure from sleeves because I hate having to wrap my knees.

I can't really add much into this conversation but whenever I get tendinitis (usually in the whole upper arm and shoulder after front squats) I will take ibuprofen and aspirin in a 3:1 ratio 3x a day. I mega dose it as well, 1200mg ibuprofen and 400mg aspirin 3x a day. This pretty much removes it completely. The pain is gone instantly and it is not inflamed the next day. I would imagine that a few weeks of doing that as well as some voluminous low intensity squatting would reduce it significantly but I have no idea really. I guess it depends on if it's just inflammation or if it's trapped or pinching