• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Kristos broke the all time squat and deadlift record at 67.5kg

Hook grip not double overhand
Depth was fine, I was running the mono and Markos was the side judge

My humble opinion is there are IPF records, GPC records, CAPO records and so on.

I don't think there is any need to elaborate further; we know there are real rule differences between feds that make comparisons useless.

I will agree that a lift may be heaviest ever lifted in any fed, but not that lift is an all-time record. There has to be consistency with rules and clearly there is not.

Your humble opinion is fucking retarded
The squats were done in similar scenarios under near identical rules
The squat was deep enough to be passed in IPF. Yes he used a mono, but he also did 257.5kg walked out in wraps in training which was also more than that world record. The old knee wraps that were used were also very good. I have had my knees wrapped in them and the knee wraps that Ed Coan used were essentially just a Titan THP wrap. Coan claimed to get 40kg from his wraps and would get 15-16 revolutions from them. The bar was also an Eleiko and not one of the thicker squat bars. The only difference here is the use of the monolift and he beat the WR without that as well.

Anyone that claims this is not an absolute WR is an idiot

Can I ask a question without getting fucking yelled at, since I'm not knowledgable on the subject..., but how many other RAW feds allow wraps? And this the raw record, with wraps right? Is that a category?
I just wanted to confirm which record he actually broke...

That's why I asked the question, which is it raw or wrapped?
because wrapped is not raw.

here we go......

Can I ask a question without getting fucking yelled at, since I'm not knowledgable on the subject..., but how many other RAW feds allow wraps? And this the raw record, with wraps right? Is that a category?
I just wanted to confirm which record he actually broke...

He broke the belt+wraps record
Raw (belt, no wraps) only existed in mainstream competition since 2010 I believe, when IPF started doing raw. Before then it was only suit/shirt + wraps + belt

In IPF you can only use wraps if you compete equipped, where people will also use suits and shirts.
Most other feds compete raw + wraps. Calling it raw + wraps is best. Not calling it raw, it's raw with wraps added

Ok rightyo...I ask this because even though I'll never break records, I'll probably be joining the GPC Fed.

Ok rightyo...I ask this because even though I'll never break records, I'll probably be joining the GPC Fed.
You got no qualms competing in a non tested Fed? You're natty, right?
Good luck competing against enhanced lifters.

There are all time all fed records, they are on PL watch.
It's what most elite lifters care about.

Whether you choose to acknowledge them or not is up to you.

Shriek, I can't speak for dicko, but I want to compete with the best lifters, most professional meets, have the most fun, and use DL bars and monolifts.

GPC is the only fed that offers that. That's why I choose to compete there, and almost every other lifter does too.

Whether the minority of a federation has used PED's is irrelevant to me.

I don't powerlifting seriously enough, I can't dedicate the time to it properly anyway. And I started late and I'm not genetically gifted enough to go big.
I'm only competing against myself (yes, natty) but I have seen enough if the atmosphere, the encouragement and the frequency and quality of the comps to help me make up my mind.