• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Malaysian Devil's Curry

0ni

Registered Rustler
Some stew-roids today, with a bit of "The Debbil" added in for good measure.
Made with 1kg of ground beef. I think a whole chicken cut into it's requisite parts would be far superior though. Next time maybe.

Devils Paste:
15 dried chillis, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes then drained
2 tsp mild paprika
20g ginger
half an onion, chopped
20g garlic, chopped
25g nuts (macadamia, peanuts or as I went with- cashews)
1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric
4 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
Mix all this up and put it through a mini food processor. I simply used a pestle and mortar.

2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
meat
2 tbsp mustard seeds
3 tbsp oil
other half of the onion, thinly sliced
20g garlic, thinly sliced
6 small potatoes (not included as I low carb)
2 largish tomatoes, quartered
1 fresh chilli, thinly sliced
1 tsp salt

Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and a teaspoon of salt in a large boil. Add the meat, turn them over once and marinade for 30 mins at room temp. Heat the oil in a large heavy pan on medium/high, add the garlic and onions and fry until they start to brown. Then add the spice paste and fry for 5 minutes until it starts to smell dank. Stir in the meat and all the marinade, mustard seeds, potatoes, tomatoes, 450ml of water (add some into the pestle and mortar so you get all the paste) and simmer it uncovered for 30 minutes until it's all cooked through.

Then personally, I leave it switched off until I want to eat it at this point. I did this before going to the gym then ate it after but overnight would be even better. But right now is good as well. Stir in the sliced chilli, simmer for a minute and serve.

VzwEPIf.jpg

I saved the broth after, I marinaded some more ground beef in there
They will be used for burgers tomorrow. I'll drain them then add a dry rub of some sort and put them straight on the BBQ. I am thinking:

1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I'll let you know how they go