• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] Mir vs Cro Cop (SPOILER!!!)

DKD

Private Dancer
If you're interested in seeing the fights from UFC 119 you can find vids of them in the thread below. If you don't want to know any results then don't read any further past the link below.

http://ausbb.com/sporting-corner/12724-ufc-119-free-video-stream.html

And now on to the results.....

What a fuqqin dud event that was. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Too much lovey-dovey bullshiiiiiiiiit. I only enjoyed the Matt Mitrione fight and Chris Lytle fight. Rest of it wasn't worth a pinch of shit.

I also enjoyed the way Mir finished the fight, nice ending to a crock of shiiit fight. I was especially pissed off in round 3 when Mir had Cro Cop pinned against the cage and Cro Cop starts having an extended conversation with him. WTF is up with that? Did he want a cup of tea and biscuits as well? Cro Cop should have been punted by the UFC ages ago, I'm pretty sure they'll do it now.

I was really annoyed at the Stephens v Guillard fight. I thought that would be a slugfest for sure, but it was a dud and a half. Jeremy Stephens is a serious banger but he didn't show too much in this fight.

On to UFC 120 where the main event appears to be a total joke. Michael Bisping vs Akiyama, wtf???? Akiyama has zero profile in the UFC, lost his last fight to a last minute replacement (Chris Leben, who is mediocre in terms of rankings). So what do they do? Give him the main event for his next fight. Yawn.....

Can't wait for Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez. That should be unreal.

Can't wait for Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez. That should be unreal.

x2.

Here's my dream fight.

Goes a full 4 and a half rounds, good blows traded either way, before Cain lands a brutal straight dropping Brock to the floor, where he stays put.

I just hope Lesnar doesn't do to Velasquez what he did to Mir - keep him pinned to the ground, caving his face in.

Cain is a great wrestler, but I don't know if he can manhandle the behemoth that is Brock Lesnar.

I think Cain is a good enough wrestler to be able to manhandle behemoths, but the problem with Lesnar is that he's also a great wrestler.

Cain probably has just as good skills as Lesnar, but he's usually around 240 lbs, while Brock cuts down to 265 lbs. That could be the difference right there.

Money is destroying that sport, like it does most, there is a new UFC bout every 5 minutes now.

You highlighted the flawed thinking in your posts. Pity really, it used to be the ducks guts

Same thing (money) is also slowly destroying cricket. Since the Indian Cricket Board started becoming a financial powerhouse the best interests of the game are very slowly but surely starting to take a back seat to the almighty dollar.

Aussies are over in India atm and it's either the 3rd or 4th year in a row they've had a pre-summer tour to India. Ridiculous. There is supposed to be a proper rotation system where all countries play each other on a roughly even basis, but cos the Aussies are a big attraction to the crowds over there, the BCCI lays out the cash, Cricket Australia gladly takes it, and f*** what's best for the game in the long term.

Same thing with MMA. It should be run by an independent body. Instead the UFC have basically a monopoly on the sport. There is a heap of good fighters out there that you never get to see fight often enough, because the UFC has a stranglehold on the sport and determines who fights.

Imagine if Boxing Circus Ltd told Mike Tyson when he was allowed to fight? Doesn't happen that way in boxing. Each boxer has their own manager and they negotiate with the other manager, and other parties, and they fight. With the UFC, all the fighters are on the UFC's payroll and they have nil freedom. It sucks and it holds the sport back.

Pride > UFC. I hate Dayna for destroying it.

But you have to admit, DKD, the Leben v. Sexyama fight was a pretty damn good one. Leben went full on zombie mode and didn't look like he was concious for the last round and repeatedly had his face beat on, but just kept moving forward. He then managed to pull off a submission victory out of no where.

Saying that I don't like Leben and Sexyama did pretty well in Pride, he's just a little passed it now I think. Agreed about that main card. That's ridiculous. Bisping is useless.

Money > Sport/Competition. Unfortunately.

Yeah Leben is always good to watch. I love watching bangers like him go at it. Sexyama v Bisping....can't recall UFC ever putting on a worse main event than that. It'll get their lowest PPV takings for sure I reckon.

The Pride guys are proving to be has-beens since coming to the UFC, Shogun Rua aside. Cro Cop, Wanderlei, Rampage...they've all declined almost as much as the Iceman Liddell.

Have to agree with you guys, it is a bad system but it will never change unless someone with a better program comes in starts something up. Funny thing is I see all the little smaller comps being just like the UFC.