• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MMPR vs HD4 cyber market

baloney1

Hi guy's

Currently trying to make up my mind between the Muscle Motion power rack from Gym direct, and the HD4 from Cyber Market.

I like the sounds of the welded sides and 3mm, but i'm just unsure about the racking style, gun rails vs J hooks. I've never lifted a bar out of anything other than a j hook.

The HD4 comes with extra racks for the front also if you order them.

I watched a youtube video of someone using the dip bar attatchment of the MMPR and the racked looked like it was rocking about, i'm interested in doing weighted dips.

If you go into cyberfit...you can check it out...

Hd4 is a monster rack.... I really liked it...and provided you get the gun on the outside I reckon it would be fine..

However it will be a major pain to move around... From memory It's bigger and much heavier then the mmpr... And it is extra tall...

Also the mmpr has a better chin bar and the front lower bar is set back so you can fit a bench further inside the rack...

If they cost the same.... Id prob go with the cyberfit hd4... Cause its a beast...

Nazzy i can't inspect either because i'm in Cairns. I won't be moving it around, and vice versa i don't want the rack moving about either !

I see it only as a small price increase, and at the moment i can't find anywhere where the extra money could go to . I've decided on the MM flat bench, because it's 30cm wide, and i've got my weights and bar sorted.

Just hoping the gun racks would be a convienience rather than a pita.

Gun racks mean no adjusting... Makes life easier imo...

Having used both... I prefer the gun rack...

Be sure to check the size and weight of the HD4... Its one mother of a rack...

It's welded so you can't break it down... It will be a bitch to move...

Oh yeah....

I've got an mmpr...

At the end of the day. Not worried about which rack I use... Mine was an opportunity buy...

Then again If I see a used HD4 for sale.... I may just go and pick that bitch up!!!

Just done the math and gym direct do a package deal which includes the same bench, equivelant weight, but includes the commercial rack ( this one HPRSP Commercial Power Rack) for the same money as it's going to cost me getting weights and rack from one places and bench from another !!....

Just done the math and gym direct do a package deal which includes the same bench, equivelant weight, but includes the commercial rack ( this one HPRSP Commercial Power Rack) for the same money as it's going to cost me getting weights and rack from one places and bench from another !!....

Yep have used... Dip station is very stable as you store all your weights at the other end of the rack...

Very cool set up...

All the PTC' s have one...

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps but the cyber website has it for sale at $795
Power Racks For Sale - Buy Power Racks Online Australia | CyberMarket

What appears to be the same rack from cyber on ebay $636
POWER RACK WITH SAFETY RAILS 500KG FULL COMMERCIAL USE LASER CUT BARBELL RACKS | eBay

He is very negotiable give him a call and I guarantee you will get anything you buy for alot cheaper then he advertises. He will also ship with any company you can find a better deal with, but be warned his freight prices are already really good and pretty hard to beat.

How wide is the effective hole spacing with the gun style rack?

2" appears to be the maximum suggested spacing.

He is very negotiable give him a call and I guarantee you will get anything you buy for alot cheaper then he advertises. He will also ship with any company you can find a better deal with, but be warned his freight prices are already really good and pretty hard to beat.

Do you use HD4? The thing that took it off my list was the lack of hooks on the front for military presses and whatever. Unless the ones on there can turn somehow or?

Do you use HD4? The thing that took it off my list was the lack of hooks on the front for military presses and whatever. Unless the ones on there can turn somehow or?

Yep the gun rack is needed on the front as well...

Same thinking over here.... However I stood in it and you can easily shoulder press inside... At 6'1 I usually hit the top bar doing OHP in the rack... The HD4 was easily tall enough...

However I note that somone else mentioned you could get the gun on the front of the rack as well...

No I have the cheapy 'LC2' does the job, I only have single car garage a commercial rack would be way to big. Personally I wouldn't buy a rack with gun racks I like to be able to move my safetys all the way to the floor if necessary, I like that the safeties can double as somewhere to rest the bar on the front when I am shuffling plates around.

I think it as an option to get it with the gunrack on the front as well. For blokes like us that thing is massive overkill the lighter duty racks do the job just fine.

I use the commercial muscle motion rack a decent amount at PTC. It's grown on me (I used to hate the J hooks). I've never seen anyone move it, even reracking big squats. I dislike the dip attachment thing as the handles are not angled.

I use the commercial muscle motion rack a decent amount at PTC. It's grown on me (I used to hate the J hooks). I've never seen anyone move it, even reracking big squats. I dislike the dip attachment thing as the handles are not angled.

Spoiled is a word that comes to mind :p

Agreeably that stand alone dip station youve got at PTC is the bomb!!!

Spoiled is a word that comes to mind :p

Agreeably that stand alone dip station youve got at PTC is the bomb!!!

Doesn't need to be standalone. My powertec rack came with angled dip handles that you slot in same as jhooks - works great (I prefer them to the standalone piece at PTC, but Deb uses my rack at her practise now)

I might put a list of gear together and send it off in an email to cyber market and see what price they come back with. Basically i'm looking at a budget of about $2000, to include rack, bench, bar and weights ( throw in dip bars and weight belt something i'm really keen on at my gym at the moment)

The package deal from gym direct offers the -
HPRSP commercial rack (well beyond my capabilities, but at least it will be stable, quality and last)
Flat bench (the one i want too which is 30 cm wide)
7ft bar bell
2 x 25, 2 x 20, 2 x 15, 4 x 10, 2 x 5, 2 x 2.5
Comes in at $1995

This is plenty of weight for me, and doubles as a weight rack. If i add up the cost of the standard MMPR with the same bar, bench and weights it comes to $1581. Add another $125 for a weight tree, i'm effictively looking at So effectively paying an extra $ 289 to steup up to the full commercial rack.

2 x 25, 2 x 20, 2 x 15, 4 x 10, 2 x 5, 2 x 2.5

Thats a shit breakup of weights what you want is -

2 x 10kg, 2x 5kg, 2x 2.5kg, 2 x 1.25kg, all the rest 20's. They just sell weight by the kg so if it isn't exactly the weight offered in the package just adjust accordingly by the $/kg price.

Why buy 15's when you can just put a 10 & 5 together to make 15kg, same deal with 25's. You only want 25's if your deadlifting 300 and running out of room on the bar.

The other thing to watch is the bar, check that the shaft is 28 or 29mm not 31mm. 3mm doesn't sound like much but if your used to a normal oly bar the 31mm will drive you crazy, they just don't feel right.

Thats a shit breakup of weights what you want is -

2 x 10kg, 2x 5kg, 2x 2.5kg, 2 x 1.25kg, all the rest 20's. They just sell weight by the kg so if it isn't exactly the weight offered in the package just adjust accordingly by the $/kg price.

Why buy 15's when you can just put a 10 & 5 together to make 15kg, same deal with 25's. You only want 25's if your deadlifting 300 and running out of room on the bar.

The other thing to watch is the bar, check that the shaft is 28 or 29mm not 31mm. 3mm doesn't sound like much but if your used to a normal oly bar the 31mm will drive you crazy, they just don't feel right.

Hey Fluffy that's just the weight combo given in the package, but you can specify your own combination to the total weight so most likely i would swap them around to something similar like you just mentioned. I'll have to check the diamater on the bar at my gym and see what it is as it's the only bar i've used. Thanks for pointing that out i hadn't given any thought to it.

As mentioned the weight is well beyond my capabilities, if i'm doing 5 x 5 on the bench or squats i'm at about 80 including the bar. So plenty of extra weight for the future and no need to go out and buy weights. I might have a couple of people come around for workouts also who are heavier lifters than me so it would be good to cater for them too.

Last edited:
Doesn't need to be standalone. My powertec rack came with angled dip handles that you slot in same as jhooks - works great (I prefer them to the standalone piece at PTC, but Deb uses my rack at her practise now)

Hmmmm interesting...

Must go find this handle and check it out!!!!

I have yet to try anything that comes close to the awesomeness of the stand alone dip station you guys have... That thing rocks my world...