• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mobility choosing bands

blehh

Im looking at purchasing some bands off Force USA Super Bands . i wanted to know which would be best if i was to use just for mobility. Opening hips, shoulders etc. Basically to do mobilitywod stuff. thanks

I find the thinnest Band (red) is best for shoulder mobility and pushing out the knees in prep for squatting, I like the thicker band (blue) for dislocations etc where you're practically freeing up your shoulder and chest muscles by virtually all your body weight. And I like the orange/green or purple bands for hip flexors etc, depending on if your a big strong dude or a small lady like me. The boys at PTC syd use green/purple for hip flexors.

Last edited:
I find the thinnest Band (red) is best for shoulder mobility and pushing out the knees in prep for squatting, I like the thicker band (blue) for dislocations etc where you're practically freeing up your shoulder and chest muscles by virtually all your body weight. And I like the orange/green or purple bands for hip flexors etc, depending on if your a big strong dude or a small lady like me. The boys at PTC syd use green/purple for hip flexors.

Yup

This is me...

Red for shoulder mobility

Green for hip flexors

I have a purple one but never use it...

Thanks Naz
You cant really go wrong with bands. A thick one and a thin one as a minimum is what you need.

Im looking at purchasing some bands off Force USA Super Bands . i wanted to know which would be best if i was to use just for mobility. Opening hips, shoulders etc. Basically to do mobilitywod stuff. thanks

Great idea! Mobwod has awesome advice. But as far as the Force USA bands go, they're way too expensive compared with other seller's prices. For example 1 single mini band from G+F is $20+PH. A PAIR of mini's from GymDirect is $20+PH.

I'd probably get the Starter pack for the best value.

Great idea! Mobwod has awesome advice. But as far as the Force USA bands go, they're way too expensive compared with other seller's prices. For example 1 single mini band from G+F is $20+PH. A PAIR of mini's from GymDirect is $20+PH.

I'd probably get the Starter pack for the best value.

Thanks for reply guys. What is G F ? thanks. I was going to purchase from elite fts but posting is expensive and rogue fitness australia is out

What size and colour should I be looking at for mobility exercises?

I'm reading "Becoming a supple leopard" by Kelly Starrett. He recommends the Rogue Monster Band, but no recommendation as to size or colour.

41" - a blue or purple is good for band distraction mobilisations shown in the book. Yellow, orange or red don't offer enough tension - these are better for light strengthening or activation drills like band-pullaparts, monster walks, assisted pullups etc.

Last edited:
41" - a blue or purple is good for band distraction mobilisations shown in the book. Yellow, orange or red don't offer enough tension - these are better for light strengthening or activation drills like band-pullaparts, monster walks, assisted pullups etc.

Cheers mate.

Brand/website recommendations?

I got the IronEdge ones. Very happy with them. There are heaps of brands to choose from, some of which are cheaper, but I can't vouch for how good they are. Generally, the colours are similar tension across brands.

I got a kit from ebay, i actually think it was that px80 kit or something like that.
They work great for rotator cuff work, bicep/tricep tendon rehab etc.