• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mountain Dog Training

0ni

Registered Rustler
Anyone else done this? My hypertrophy work at the moment is this and I am really loving it. Fits my personality and way of training perfectly.
It's fairly high volume, you're looking at 10-16 sets per body part but very fast paced with HIT style intensity. You can find more info here:

T NATION | Enormous and Strong Legs: The Mountain Dog Way
T NATION | Chest Obliteration - Mountain Dog Style
T NATION | A Monstrous Back: The Mountain Dog Way
T NATION | Mountain Dog Arms
T NATION | Shoulder Training: The Mountain Dog Way

Splits depend on the trainee, but typically it's one per session and arms on their own. I however can't do arms together, because I train bench on Wedneday and Friday, deadlift on Thursday and do back on Saturday. As such, I don't want to be deadlifting with stiff biceps and don't want to limit back growth with sore biceps either.

As such, my training is laid out as followed:

Monday:
Squat training (Not mountain dog)

Wednesday:
Bench training
Mountain dog shoulders

Thursday:
Deadlift training

Friday:
Bench training
Mountain Dog chest and triceps

Saturday:
Mountain dog back and biceps. This is fairly light for the back, I just go for more of a pump and take the emphasis off the lower back as I did a lot of deadlifting on Thursday. Biceps are still hit hard

@Silverback ; maybe you can chime in on this

0ni, you know my thoughts on this, you do what you enjoy, but doing these types of split workouts can be tricky, just make sure that the template you design is balanced and works the muscles of the opposing joints equally.

One of the primary reasons I shy away from workouts that place emphasis on body parts, the other one is their too damn confusing.

Unless I or the person I'm helping is carrying an injury, I prescribe full body workouts that are brief and intense.

Having said all that people have gotten very strong on all manner of methods, which does depend on time contraints and drugs used.

A person using drugs are able to spend a considerable amount of more time in the gym throughout the week and work harder than a person who is not using drugs.

I would do full body but the way I've set up my training currently really doesn't allow me to do so!
And I don't want to change it because it's working really, really, well lol

I would do full body but the way I've set up my training currently really doesn't allow me to do so!
And I don't want to change it because it's working really, really, well lol

That's all that matters.
let's hope you're stronger as a result.