• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle size pumped vs cold

GHOSTrun

What determines how much your muscles increase in size when pumped vs cold. What are the factors involved, and is it similar for every person or does it vary greatly?

I feel with myself that there is a big difference in physical size when pumped vs cold. After training my upperbody and looking in the mirror straight after I look a darn site bigger then when I'm cold. It would be nice to try and maintain some of that pumped size when cold, is it possible? Is this where creatine may help?

Creatine will just make you hold water.

But yeah, after gym I look how I wanna look all the time LOL!

The increased blood flow to the muscle being worked causes the pump.
You cannot sustain a pump.

I thought it was only creatine monohydrate that made you hold water. I was under the impression that creatine ester's and malate don't make you hold a lot of water like monohydrates.

I thought it was only creatine monohydrate that made you hold water. I was under the impression that creatine ester's and malate don't make you hold a lot of water like monohydrates.
images

Creatine can make you hold water but it's the blood flow into the muscle that causes the pump.

Arnold talks about the pump 40 years ago, long before creatine was a supplement.

I was getting mega pumps long before I used creatine.

images

Creatine can make you hold water but it's the blood flow into the muscle that causes the pump.

Arnold talks about the pump 40 years ago, long before creatine was a supplement.

I was getting mega pumps long before I used creatine.

I don't get what that has to do with what I just said. I only stated that I was of belief that creatine monohydrates make you hold water but esters and malate don't so much.

Ok then, I misread your post.

I beleive the beauty of Mono is the extra water retention, this is what increases strength.
Also Ester bonded creatine has been debunked. I can't believe anyone would still buy this. as for the Malate, I don't think there is enough scientific backing.

Just stick with Mono.

ghosty,

some of your threads are... pointless to say the least. why don't you just research it yourself instead of making a thread about it.

ghosty,

some of your threads are... pointless to say the least. why don't you just research it yourself instead of making a thread about it.
Thats a bit harsh mate.

No harm is asking other peoples opinions.

Hey i too lazy too research sometimes too.

Shrek,

Michael is a nice guy, I have no hard feelings towards him at all.

He has done me favours in the past , i would do the same for him..but..

On secretdrift, ns, ausbb... some of the threads are just down right pointless.

They even made a thread on sd for ghosty to post his stuff in there to keep the rest of the forum clear.

ghosty,

Researching myself would actually involve work, asking someone who already knows is much easier and quicker...

Last edited:
Shrek,

Michael is a nice guy, I have no hard feelings towards him at all.

He has done me favours in the past , i would do the same for him..but..

On secretdrift, ns, ausbb... some of the threads are just down right pointless.

They even made a thread on sd for ghosty to post his stuff in there to keep the rest of the forum clear.
Man my internet surfing habbits are like charlie sheen - i'm banging 7 gram rocks and everyone else just can't keep up, that's why i had my own thread LOL :p