• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

my diet for cutting...

BoyFromAus

alright. As i was saying in my training log, I need this tuned up a little.

My Stats:
height : 174cm
weight : 73kg
bodyfat : 12%

Goal: bodyfat to get down to 8%

My current diet from Monday to Friday along with the macros (grams) is roughly:

Meal 1: 1 metric cup oats, milk and 1 scoop ON Whey... P: 34 C: 65 F: 3
Meal 2: 200g Tuna + 2 flax seed tablets (1000mg EA) P: 32 C: 0 F: 5

Meal 3: roughly 80g Chicken, 80g BBQ Pork, Veggies, 1 small potato.. don't know the macros

Meal 4: same as meal 3

Meal 5: 250ml Egg white from carton, 2 pieces of brown bread P: 30 C: 40 F: 2

Meal 6: 30g almonds P: 5 C: 5 F: 18

so yea, any changes for the better would be much appreciated ...

thanks lads

Last edited:
Hi B.F.A
I think you do not have enough protein. 80gms of chicken is about 20gms of protein and even at your weight of 73kg is not enough.
Also meal 6 should have more protein.
Without edequate protein while on calorie deficit you will loose lots of muscle;.

I would agree that you could look at increasing the protein component to your diet. Be careful not to go overboard though, excess protein will only serve to raise urea levels and calorie consumption.

What about pre/post workout meals? Are you having any?

I would also be suggesting to incorporate some fruits into your diet for health reasons. You will obtain a range of phytonutrients from veggies alone, but fruits are also imperative to obtain a full array of phyto's.

thanks guys..

i'm working on how to better meal 6 with more protein.

aminoz, my preWO is meal 1 and my post-WO is meal 2... I dont have meal 2 immediately after workout.

5:30 am is meal 1
6:30am to 7:30am is workout
8:30 am is meal 2

from 7:30 to 8:30 , i'm having a shower, changing driving to work from the gym...

and also, wont fruits be detrimental on a cut due to sugar content?

and also, how much protein are we looking at?... is it 1g per pound of lean body mass?

I'm suggesting fruit primarily from a health perspective.

If you opt for a type of fruit that is relatively low in calories (apple and berries for example) it will have a negligible effect on your cut. Generally non-tropical fruits have a lower GI due to the prevalence of fructose (AKA fruit sugar). This lower GI will have minimal affect on blood glucose levels especially considering the relatively low carbohydrate content (<15%) of fruits weight for weight (it's primarily water).

Last edited:
i see.. thanks for the info. I'll get onto eating green apple in that case.
and what about protein content.. given my size, how much protein should i be taking?

you need more fat in your diet mate. Ya've gotta eat fat to burn fat.

Instead of having the 30g of almonds alone, at least consider having 15g with 30g of whey (concentrate or a similar slow digestive protein source)

Good man on having a SMART goal

you need more fat in your diet mate. Ya've gotta eat fat to burn fat.

I remember reading an article not long ago on avocado's and how productive they are on fat oxidation due to the fat's contained within.

I remember reading an article not long ago on avocado's and how productive they are on fat oxidation due to the fat's contained within.

avacado's, peanut butter, flax seed oil, almonds, macedamian nuts...whatever

i try not to get caught up in the science of diet these days. To me, it's good enough to know that if they body doesn't have glucose at hand to burn, it'll begin to burn lipos (body fat