• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My spring cutting diet

awol

Hey guys, just would like a critique on my cutting diet, im 5'5 about 69 kilos/ about 150lbs. 18% body fat. Very happy with the muscle gains ive made, think its time for a cut. so here it is, let me no what you think.
Main goal is to drop body fat to show off some abs, while keeping my muscle. who doesnt want that lol.

Meal 1
2 whole eggs+ 3/4 egg whites
1 cup green peppers, onions made with eggs

Meal 2
Whey protein (add 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter)
1 banana

Meal 3
5 oz Chicken breast
20 almonds
serving of veggies

Meal 4 (post workout)
Whey protein (add 2 tablespoon flaxeed oil and 1 cup oatmeal)

Meal 5
5 oz Chicken breast or beef
24 almonds
Serving veggies

Meal 6
Cottage cheese
2 tablespoon flaxseed oil
1 apple or banana

Let me know what you think, i train 4 x a week heavy weight, with low reps. do HIIT twice a week for 30 minutes.

Skip the fruit on meal 6. Don't have any after lunch if your trying to loose weight. Skip the flaxseed oil see Fadi's article on oils. Try crushing the flaxseeds freshly or take fishoil tabs. Noobs will tell you to add more veggies which I would agree on.

Pre workout???

With 4 weights sessions and 2 hiit I would imagine you will hit your goals as long as you keep your nutrition on track.

If I wasn't on my phone I would post my "spring cutting diet"
Posted via Mobile Device

hey thanks for that. yeah ill scracth the fruit after lunch.
post workout was meant to be on meal 2. i usually train an hour after breakfast so would that be enough as a pre workout meal? or should i consume a pre workout whey shake along with my brekky?

also mite replace falxeed oil with almonds as a fat source or even as you said fishoil tablets. get varied responses from flaxseed oil.

just on a bonus note, i take creatine mono, aswell as gnc pre workout lock and load.

Give us a total calorie count. Plus a carb/fat/pro breakdown.
Posted via Mobile Device

Meal 1
3 whole eggs boiled (232 cals, 15.9 Fat, 1.7 carb, 18.8 pro)
1/2 egg whites (dont know value????)
veggies cooked with egg whites

Meal 2
Whey protein (110 cal, 1.5 Fat, 4g carb, 20g Protein)
(add 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter) (150 cal, 12g Fat, 2.8g Carb, 7.1g protein)
1 banana (105 cal, 0.4 Fat, 27g carb, 1.3 pro)

Meal 3
5 oz Chicken breast (276.9 cal, 10.9g Fat, 0 carb, 41.9g Pro)
22 almonds (163 cal, 14.4 Fat, 5.6g carb, 6g Pro)
serving of veggies

Meal 4 (post workout)
Whey protein (110 cal, 1.5 Fat, 4g carb, 20g Protein)
add
1 tablespoon flaxeed oil (120 cal, 14g Fat, 0 carb, 0 protein and
100 grams oatmeal (375 cals, 8.7g Fat, 58.1g carb, 11g protein)

Meal 5
5 oz Chicken breast (276.9 cal, 10.9g Fat, 0 carb, 41.9g Pro)
22 almonds (163 cal, 14.4 Fat, 5.6g carb, 6g Pro)
Serving veggies

Meal 6
Cottage cheese (162 Cal, 2.3 Fat, 6.1 carb, 28g pro)
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (120 cal, 14g Fat, 0 carb, 0 protein

Total
Cal= 2363
Fat=110
Carb= 114.9
Protein= 202

i think its all right? i didnt include the egg white at breakfast and the servings of veggies... seems like i have too many calories, can someone give me an accurate sight to determine my daily caloric maintenance. and please if someone could double check few things for accuracy. thanks

You could replace the Flaxseed oil with coconut. Its delicious! Plus it will help in your weight loss quest. Google lauric acid :)

ill look into that thanks.
im a very 2 dimensonal minded when it comes to bodybuilding. im not looking to be the next jay cutler, dieting is one thing that bugs me when it comes to this hobby. the way i see it is. ive had success bulking and building mass. so in all due respect, wont just cuting the portions and minusing the carbs of my bulking diet just give me the reverse effect?? i absolutely hate calorie counting. it turns me off lol

Ive been buying a delicious breakfast alternative to oats recently. It has oats, sesame seeds, coconut slivers, almonds and some dried fruit. I put a bit of honey on it and its true bliss :) Need to have a protein shake with it though to make up the protein.