• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need help with a new routine.

V

VOC2112

Hey guys,
For the last few months ive been working Arms+Legs one day and Chest,shoulders,back the next. Every day. Im just not seeingthe results that i feel i should be for all the hard work so I think I need a new routine. Can any of you guys plz post links to some good bodybuilding routines & workouts? Any help at all is appreciated.

P.S i was kinda thinking Day1:Shoulders+Biceps
Day2: Triceps+Back
Day3: Chest+Legs
Day4: Forearms + ?????

but yeah any links of some good routines would be awesome. Thanks

Squat, deadlift, bench.

Do 3x10 or so warmup sets with 50 and 75% your working weights.

Then 3x6-8 work sets. First 3x6, next session 3x7, after that 3x8. When you can do 8,8,8, add weight and drop the reps back to 6. As for weight, increase by 5kg a time for squat and deadlift, 2.5kg a time for bench.

If you stall and can't make the reps, add a fourth set. If next session you still can't make the reps, add a fourth and then a fifth set.

Do this three days a week with a full clear day in between.

Eat LOTS of fresh fruit and vegies, LOTS of nuts and beans, SOME meat, fish and dairy every day. If you want to get overall bigger, eat MORE starchy food (oats, rice, bread, pasta - always wholegrain - and spuds); if you want to get overall smaller, eat less.

When you can bench your 20kg bar with 1x20kg plate each side, squat with 2x20kg a side, and deadlift with 3x20kg a side, keep doing this routine, but once a week do clean and press, chins, and whatever other exercises you feel like.

When you can bench the bar with 2 plates a side, squat with 3, and deadlift 4, you're not a beginner anymore and I can't advise you. But that should take you 6-24 months.

Good luck.

Their is a wealth of knowlage on this site mate, Im sure if you read the first 5 sticky threads this thread would have not been needed.
What is it that you need to achieve anyway? Nobody can really help you unless you provide us with a little more info...
Do you bench, squat and deadlift? If so what are your current lifts? If not, these should be the foundation of any routine, imo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: