• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Need new media player

Grunta

Packing a Huge Member
Guys I need a new media player for my theatre room, have this Panasonic blueray, tuner, recorder, player thing, but it doesn't play some of the files I rip off the net, like MKV and others.
Can any one recommend one that you Don't feel like smashing the thing with a hammer in the first week?
I have an Astone upstairs but it's a kunce of a thing, operating system is a slug, drives me insane. The telstra t-box in the lounge goes OK, but I need optical audio out for the amp, doesn't have it.
Any one happy with their player?

i have 2 and both are oretty good, a cheaper Nootec one which i think was about $40 has 2 usb and optical and have a Phillips which was about $70 but only has the one usb.

for the price i dont thinnk you can go wrong with the noontect, just remember they all are a little slow if you connect larger hd to them...

Thanks Neddy
Would you remember if any of those have:
- component out as well as hdmi
- Optical out
- AV in

both have HDMI, optical and AV out, the only inputs are sd card and usb, i think this is the standard for most of them

I built myself a home theatre PC, but I know someone who uses a Western Digital media player, and it looks solid. Plays everything, has all the inputs and outputs you'd need.

I would suggest raspberry pi running xbmc Community: Raspberry Pi | element14
If you are a bit tech savvy then these things are amazing for playing/watching anything.

You've way overestimated my tech abilities, that's a board, i'd probably throw darts at it.

I built myself a home theatre PC, but I know someone who uses a Western Digital media player, and it looks solid. Plays everything, has all the inputs and outputs you'd need.

Yea, I've had a look at the WD and Astone, for $250 you get 2T space, 7.1 sound, all audio and video decoders, av in, all sorts of outs and twin tuner.
My mate built me a PC media centre, its a kunce, too long to fire up and the keyboard and mouse is bullshit.

I would recommend XBMC as well. Worst case get a mac mini and install the xbmc package, done!
Categorises your tvshows, movies. Gets artists names, search all movies an actor/actress is in. Or by director/country of origin the list goes on.
I like how it downloads all the fanart and posters for movies and shows. Or downloads subtitles for movies when I have to watch them really really quietly.
Plays any kind of file you can imagine and it's future compatible with any new file formats.

It's awesome piece of software and the best part is that it's free.

I would suggest raspberry pi running xbmc Community: Raspberry Pi | element14
If you are a bit tech savvy then these things are amazing for playing/watching anything.

I have these and control it with my TV remote (hdmi-cec or something from memory). I used to use my phone when I had xbmc on an older PC. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as plugging in HDMI and power like a purpose built media player so not for everyone.

That's why I just want a black box, I gave up on my PC media centre, too much fucking about for my liking.
i just want something I can hold the remote in one hand and a beer in the other.