• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Product - True Oats & Whey - 28g+ Protein 20g Carbs

JUST.BLAISE

Site Advertiser
Latest addition to the TP range. Available in Natural and Chocolate. Great value meal replacement.

Buy it now online;

Buy Oats and Whey | True Protein

2i8ji9e.png

@Rugby88 Thanks mate, it's a simple blend but saves people the hassle or mixing the Oats with Protein. The ratio isn't ideal for everyone but carbs can always be cranked up if bulking. We've got some more complex blends on the verge of coming out, a pre and post hopefully around the end of this month. I'll be able to sort out some samples pretty shortly.

20 serves @ $25.90 total = $1.30 per serve. Pretty cheap and healthy breakfast there mate.
Ill do the comparison of what it costs me to make my proats too before I get a fat over it.

edit: I get BN 5kg bags for $160 inc postage. Theres 166 serves in that, so that equats to $0.96 per serve for the protein in my PROATS
then I get the quick oats from ALDI, which are $0.99c for the pack. i get 8 days out of that (8 cups) which is $0.13 per breakfast.
So my breakfast costs $1.12.

$1.30 is still pretty bloody good for a healthy breaky. I might get some to have as a spare if I'm working away from home for a few days or go away for a weekend with the family.

thumbs-up.jpg

:)

Last edited:
^^^ Some good analysing of data. When you spell it out like that, it would be a handy product to have laying around for a quick breakfast. Would also be handy for the girlfriend as well. How much is postage on a item this small?

^^^ Some good analysing of data. When you spell it out like that, it would be a handy product to have laying around for a quick breakfast. Would also be handy for the girlfriend as well. How much is postage on a item this small?

free postage! So the maths still stands.
I'll order a bag and post a review next week.

EDIT THAT. $10 postage thrown on right at the end. Free postage for orders over $150

SO my maths doesnt stand.

$35.90 for 20 serves = $1.80 per breakfast. Still good for the conveniance

Last edited:
free postage! So the maths still stands.
I'll order a bag and post a review next week.

EDIT THAT. $10 postage thrown on right at the end. Free postage for orders over $150

SO my maths doesnt stand.

$35.90 for 20 serves = $1.80 per breakfast. Still good for the conveniance
But chances are you would order more than just one bag..

I was thinking of ordering 2, so that does lower the overall cost per serve. Looking forward to the review.

Well it says 20 serves per 1.2kg. So that's 60g a serve. I would normally have 60g of oats and then add in 15g of protein and a tub of yoghurt. So not exactly apples and apples. But like stated in the first post, could always add in extra oats/carbs.

Well it says 20 serves per 1.2kg. So that's 60g a serve. I would normally have 60g of oats and then add in 15g of protein and a tub of yoghurt. So not exactly apples and apples. But like stated in the first post, could always add in extra oats/carbs.

Not exactly apples for apples, but I know what my current breakfast costs compared to their recommended serving size.

Well I've ordered it, so let's see. I'll be the fucken guinea pig on this one eh? Hahah

What's it like? Better than BN? I can't find better value than BN but am always looking around and happy to try other brands.
The chocolate is awesome heaps better than BN strawberry is a little weak in water for me. Vanilla is pretty good and chai is average in water but amazing in milk and figure it'd go ok in proats

@taurus Your order's been packed and is going out today, would be keen to hear your feedback once you get a chance to give it a go.

Good to hear you guys talking about the blend. Don't forget that there is roughly 10% Milk Protein (80% Casein 20% Whey) added for some slower releasing amino's. It's a small amount but helps on the meal replacement aspect for feeling fuller and gives a slightly thicker consistency.

@taurus Your order's been packed and is going out today, would be keen to hear your feedback once you get a chance to give it a go.

Good to hear you guys talking about the blend. Don't forget that there is roughly 10% Milk Protein (80% Casein 20% Whey) added for some slower releasing amino's. It's a small amount but helps on the meal replacement aspect for feeling fuller and gives a slightly thicker consistency.

Yep thanks, got it yesterday.
Ill have it on the weekend when I have a little more time in the mornings to get the mixture just right.
Thanks for the free samples too!
T

Ok.
There's no instructions how to cook this stuff. Just mix 400ml of liquid with 2 scoops of the powder.

Is this meant to be consumed as a shake or a breakfast in a bowl??

Not impressed. Taste pretty average as well.
I don't want vanilla protein soup for breakfast.

Will be going back to my oats and protein & mix them myself for a solid breaky.

If [MENTION=17550]JUST.BLAISE[/MENTION]; has any cooking tips for this product I'll try it. But not real happy this morning. Not sure if this is meant to be a shake or traditional breakfast.

Last edited: