• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

no bull supplements - 5 flavours review

Bluesy

note*
i do not work for no bull supplements or have any connection to them. this review is purely on my own opinion and my thoughts of the product, this can change rapidly from person to person - the only way to make up your own mind is to try it for yourself

flavours; banana, honey comb, coffee, orange, mango - WPI

for all of these tests i mixed the satchels with 500ml of milk (Paul's smarter white milk if you want to be pedantic about it)

well, this is my first real sample/test of a non-propriety blend company and one that is Australian owned (which i guess is pretty good). i bought the 5 sample packs off the website for $10 (plus free postage - thanks fellas :) ) they arrived at my front door within 4 days of ordering, i can't complain with that, didn't even have to get dressed out of my pajamas to get some more protein - haha!

Banana:
i'm not going to lie - i love banana flavoured protein. i've tried both mysofusion and i think a dymatise, anyway i didn't really like the myso. banana to be honest it tasted..... sort of off and the dymatise tasted chemically and there was some strand flavour in it that really turned me off it.

taste - very smooth, the banana wasn't too strong and it wasn't to weak either it was probably just in the middle. it also had a very pleasent vanilla/banana after taste. i could definatly see myself buying 5kg of these flavour and probably not get sick of the taste mainly because of the mild taste, unlike other brands which are full on and make you want to throw up everytime you mix a shake up (i'm looking at you internation protein - that shit is so bad)

texture - the powder instantly took on the texture of the milk, flowed like water. no clumps of anything (for the first time ever! wooo!) and the mixability was amazingly quick, i'm really used to having a second workout trying to mix my shakes.

overall-
solid product. i've your a banana lover like i am, it is an awesome flavour would definatly recommend to other people

9/10

mango:
never in my life have i been so keen for a protein shake - MANGO FLAVOUR! OMFG!
there arn't many companies out there that make a mango flavoured shake. when i was opening this satchel into my shaker cup got hit by this massive smell of mango - so many memories of summer (f*!@k you winter!) i knew that this was going to be the best shake in history

Taste-
mango? hello? where are you? i was devastated. there was only the slighted taste of mango, maybe i put too much milk in. it was only till the end of the shake that i finally got a better tasting shake ( and yes, i was constantly shaking it all the way through so the contents were not all down the bottom)

texture and mixability-
again this made the gold standard seem like it was only worthy of a bronze, super quick dissolving and no clumps - ugh! that's a horrible thought of lumpy protein shakes

overall -
sorry but i'd rate it a 4/10, but hey, this is my own personal experience with this product. i could only recommend that maybe more of the mango flavouring be added, by it get points for it's mixability

choc-honey comb.
well this was the first time i was going to experience this flavour in a liquid form. i was curious to see how the guys at no bull did it. not much else to say about this flavour

taste -
when i opened the satchel there was almost no flavour coming off the powder, i was sad already. i drank a mouthful - still no flavour and then boom! that after taste (hhhnnngg)
so many memories of my childhood - tasted exactly like violet crumble. always used to eat them at birthday parties and you guys know how you get the honey comb and chocolate stuck in your teeth, well i managed to get that as well - hours of entertainment afterwards, yes! however, the chocolate did taste sort of funny and off in this mixture which in my opinion really let it down.

mixability and texture -
again pretty good, but i found that this didn't mix quite as good as all the others - which led to chocolate flakes floating round like a vortex in my shaker - this could also be the reason why i had honeycomb stuck in my teeth but the texture was good

overall-
6 or 7/10 but to be honest i think i need more testing of this product to give a definate answer out of 10. it had some good characteristic in it but was a let down in others ill probably end up buying a 1kg then making another review.

Coffee -
again another flavour which caught my eye. i know ON 100% whey GS do a cappachino flavour but i've never tried it can't really comment on it though and this was to be the first time i tried coffee flavoured protein shake. my hopes were pretty high being the coffee addict that i am

taste - 3 words: DARE ICED COFFEE. i swear i was drinking it but, nope i was drinking my coffee flavoured protein shake from no bull supplements. i love this stuff with a passion. so refreshing and enjoyable to drink.

mixability and texture-
did not disappoint one big ^^^^ as said before

overall 9/10. would probably buy this now instead of iced coffee, only because it doesn't have all the fat and carbs. that the branded iced coffee has ( plus this is healthy for me - is this real life?)

ill get the final review of the choc - orange up tomorrow when i finally mix it after my gym session.

feel free to do with this review as you like.

Thanks heaps for the review, sucks about the mango, would be what I'd most want. do you have any of the sample left to try it again?

Coffee sounds pretty awesome. Keen to taste that.

I think i'll put my next order through with No bull, want to try there choc-cherry too. Thanks again.

Edit: did you try the orange?

Last edited:
Coffee -
again another flavour which caught my eye. i know ON 100% whey GS do a cappachino flavour but i've never tried it can't really comment on it though and this was to be the first time i tried coffee flavoured protein shake. my hopes were pretty high being the coffee addict that i am

taste - 3 words: DARE ICED COFFEE. i swear i was drinking it but, nope i was drinking my coffee flavoured protein shake from no bull supplements. i love this stuff with a passion. so refreshing and enjoyable to drink.

if it taste like dare iced coffee im defiantly going to have to get some!!

Thanks heaps for the review, sucks about the mango, would be what I'd most want. do you have any of the sample left to try it again?

Coffee sounds pretty awesome. Keen to taste that.

I think i'll put my next order through with No bull, want to try there choc-cherry too. Thanks again.

Edit: did you try the orange?

yeah choc-orange tomorrow.
unfortunatly don't have any other sample, but there pretty cheap anyway to buy in 1kg packs ($30 or so) it isn't that bad if i really don't like it.

coffee was actually really good.

well just finished my choc-orange.

taste-
basically this was same result of the mango. there was very little taste at all, the only time i got the slightest taste of the orange was in the after taste of each gulp. but again i might of added to much milk (i like milk a lot :) ) maybe this flavour wasn't meant to be mixed with so much of it.

mixability and texture -
100% as usual

overall -
5 / 10
maybe just add some more of the orange flavouring in, i don't know,