• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull Supplements- Choc-honeycomb, Vanilla and Strawberry review.

hotknife

I ordered 3kgs of WPI from No Bull Supplements (NBS) and obviously was able to pick and choose flavours for each individual kilogram. I ended up with, as the title indicates, choc-honeycomb, vanilla and strawberry.
On to the review!

Choc-Honeycomb

Looks- Looked like brown protein powder? What more needs to be said

Smell- Chocolatey with the faintest hint of honeycomb. Very enticing (was the first flavour I tried of the three purely based on this initial whiff)

Texture- Very smooth and fine. Some larger flakes of brown stuff which I'll assume is chocolate... God I hope it's chocolate

Taste- I mixed it with 250ml of skim milk in a shaker bottle and I must say... Nice. Very very nice in fact. Neither the chocolate or the honeycomb dominates the other. I feel like when I have cravings for chocolate or a Crunchie, this will solve them.

Strawberry

Looks- I expected it to be pink. It was not. Stark white.

Smell- It smells like strawberry but it has a chemically and artificial nose to it. Not that it's a bad smell! Then again, I enjoy Dr. Pepper who many cite as the king of chemical and artificial flavour. Make of this what you will.

Texture- Once again, very fine powdery texture. No large brown bits.... please be chocolate.

Taste- Excellent really. If you have tried Nesquik strawberry, this will bring back memories. It is not as strong a strawberry as Nesquik but the flavour is very reminiscent. I like it a lot.

Vanilla

Looks- Same colour as the strawberry. White. I have them in the cupboard in clear tubs with no labels so it's exhilarating grabbing one. Will I get vanilla or strawberry? Do I really care because they are both excellent?

Smell- Like vanilla ice-cream. Nice.

Texture- As was the case previously, the texture was very fine.

Taste- Solid. It tasted very much like vanilla ice-cream which had been allowed to melt.

Overall: All three flavours are fantastic and not without their charms. I think I've a tendency to prefer the choc-honeycomb purely because of its similarity to a Crunchie. They all mix extremely easily, and leave no strange lingering taste. The price is the best I had found for WPI so there is definitely no complaining there and delivery was prompt.

Thank you for the top review hotknife! It's the New Year, the sun's out (which we haven't had enough of in Sydney lately!) and I'm feeling a little generous. I will be happy to throw in a free t-back singlet with your next order - just shoot our staff an email and we'll look after you. I appreciate customers that take their time out to write a review on our products, good or bad.

Last edited:
I strongly agree with the above review, have all three flavours myself and I am addicted to choc honeycomb , really look forward to having my shakes every day. :)

Yeah that's my other favorite the mango!

My pick of the flavours are mango and choc honeycomb, will have to order more soon just about run out. Using the vanilla and strawberry mostly at the moment, I use the chocolate one in my oats but have run out of that at the moment....time to place another order soon I guess:)

I recently got 5 flavours to try out:
Choc coconut
Choc cherry
Choc honeycomb
Chocolate
Strawberry

My plan was to take them with water and the flavours were ok, not overly strong, mild tasting.
Strawberry was a little strange as it did not have much taste and foamed up alot which I don't like.
The others didn't foam up.

However, I then tried all the flavours again mixed with full cream milk and they tasted absolutely amazing !
Definitely the best I've ever experienced.
I don't think you could get any flavoured milk tasting any better than this, even without the high protein content.
I'm just going to have to allow for 1 litre of milk into my diet to take 4 of these shakes/day.

Favourite flavour is the Choc Coconut.

I recently got 5 flavours to try out:
Choc coconut
Choc cherry
Choc honeycomb
Chocolate
Strawberry

My plan was to take them with water and the flavours were ok, not overly strong, mild tasting.
Strawberry was a little strange as it did not have much taste and foamed up alot which I don't like.
The others didn't foam up.

However, I then tried all the flavours again mixed with full cream milk and they tasted absolutely amazing !
Definitely the best I've ever experienced.
I don't think you could get any flavoured milk tasting any better than this, even without the high protein content.
I'm just going to have to allow for 1 litre of milk into my diet to take 4 of these shakes/day.

Favourite flavour is the Choc Coconut.

What's the Choc-Cherry like?

I suppose closest comparison would be a Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.

It's good to have a few flavours available so you can rotate them around and not get bored of the same flavour all the time.

Being able to bulk purchase 5kg, but in 5 separate flavours is a big plus.

I suppose closest comparison would be a Cherry Ripe chocolate bar.

It's good to have a few flavours available so you can rotate them around and not get bored of the same flavour all the time.

Being able to bulk purchase 5kg, but in 5 separate flavours is a big plus.

Spot on comparison :)

+1 on all the great reviews. I love placing orders with NB because I'm able to pick it up locally normally the day after I put in my order.

I've gone through a bag of choc-mint and just finished off my last scoop of mango earlier. Now I've got a bag of choc-honeycomb protein waiting for me on the kitchen bench. :D

Keep up the good work guys.

the strawberry is awesome! tastes exactly like masters strawberry milk when added to milk instead of water.
the vanilla is pretty good, but i didn't really like the choc honeycomb much, unless it was in milk