• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

NO-XPLODE and Cellmass?

howzit

Hey guys,

I'm 18 and I've been lifting for about 2 years, until recently I've come off a 2 month break as I had exams and I moved to Aussie. I've recently started training again and am buying supplementary once again. My performance has decreased a bit and I lost 5KG over this 2 month period :( My diet was off and I've started eating properly again.

I have already ordered a 20KG bag of MyoPure protein for $330. My decision now is NO-XPLODE and Cellmass (NO-XPLODE was banned in my country) or a simple micronized creatine and HMB. I'm on holidays atm and have a lot of time to dedicate to lifting.

Has anyone tried NO-XPLODE and Cellmass combo? If so any thoughts? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Some people swear by those 2 supps and some say they do nothing. If you had your heart set on trying them then do so and make up your own mind. I personally think plain creatine mono does the trick better than Cellmass but you can decide for yourself.

But doesn't no xplode contain caffeine and shouldn't caffeine be avoided whilst on a creatine supplement? :confused:

No coffee and creatine are fine. Some say that caffeine and NO2 products should not be combined because NO2 (nitric oxide) acts as a vaso-dilator while the cafeine is a vaso-constrictor.

Caffeine free NO is the best way to go guys, and as Shrek has pointed out it constricts blood flow, if you want more info on what caffeine does to the body combined with supplements log onto this link

PUMP - Personal Nutrition

Cold fusion and a handful of other products are currently on the market that offer caffeine free Pre-workout formulas, but the problem is, is that people want that big pre-workout kick that Caffiene gives, if they dont get that big kick then they dont use the product this is why NO Explode has been very popular but the people who know there products Know better.

Do some studing on Caffeine and it's effects on the body then you will see why.

I gave no-xplode a run, its not the best due to the high amounts of caffeine. I found myself having big low-energy downtime after the caffeine wore off too.

Will do, have been on it for 2 workouts atm with 10x10.

I'm taking 1 scoop of SO during working. Half a scoop on non workout days (I have one day on, one day off atm). Also, 1 and a half of SP 30 mins before.

If I were you I would take normal creatine mono on non-workout days about 5gms in the morning,make the SO last longer, it's not cheap that stuff.

I've been on it for a while now, doing 10x10. Good suppplements I guess, I've been eating like mad (6 meals a day with at least 30g protein and 50g carbs in each) and haven't been putting on weight. I think I've lost some body fat and my shirts feel tighter. Overall good products but I'm confused as to why I'm not gaining weight :S

It is possible the 10x10 is putting you in an overtrained state. Maybe you should cut back to a 5x5 routine and see how that goes. 10x10 burns lots of cals where 5x5 you can take longer between sets.

Yeah, I was thinking that was it. Will be changing from next week.

Was thinking of using this one:

[FONT=&quot]"Day 1 Chest & Back (Monday/Thursday)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Modified Compound Triset #1:
(Rest 60 seconds after the 1st set of exercise 1 and then do the first set of exercise 2. Then rest 60 seconds and go to exercise #3. After 60 seconds of more rest start again with exercise #1. Continue this pattern until all three exercises are done for the prescribed amount of sets. That way you rest 3 minutes in between sets of the same exercise but save time).

Incline Bench Press 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Wide Grip Pull-up To Front (Palms facing you) 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Weighted Rope Crunches 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)

Modified Compound Triset #2:
Chest Dips 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
One Arm Dumbbell Rows 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Lying Leg Raises (with small weight in between feet) 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)

Day 2 Shoulders & Arms (Tuesday/Friday)

Upright Rows 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Close Grip Bench Press 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Preacher Curls 5 sets x 5 reps (90 second rest)

Rear Delt Rows 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Triceps Pushdowns 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Incline Hammer Curls 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)

Day 3 Legs (Wednesday/Saturday)

Squats (alternate one set medium and next set wide stance) 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Lying Leg Curls 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Calf Raises 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)

Leg Press 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Stiff Legged Deadlifts 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)
Calf Press 5 sets x 5 reps (60 second rest)"

[/FONT]What do you think Shrek? Any recommendations?

It's a well set out routine but I'm not sure i like the idea of training 6 days per week. why not just do it 3 days per week, otherwise it will get you in an overtrained state real fast. Since it highly volumous I think 3 days will give you plenty of time to recover not only your muscles but your CNS too?

Hmmm, my dad said he trained 2 times a day when he was doing weightlifting. I personally enjoy training a lot. But don't want to overtrain. I will try 3 times a week I guess.

Just want to confirm on how to do this:
[FONT=&quot]
Squats (alternate one set medium and next set wide stance) 5 reps rest 60 seconds
then [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lying Leg Curls 5 reps 60 second rest
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]then Calf Raises 5 reps 60 second rest
and repeat 5 times?
[/FONT]

I wouldn't worry about changing stances for now. just use what you feel comfortable with about shoulder width,

Sorry Shrek, I wasn't empasising the quad workout but the layout of the tri set. I'm just wondering why you would need a 60 second break between each thing in the tri set, eg 60 second rest after the squats.

As it is working different muscles, shouldn't you be able to go onto the next workout straight away?