• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Not an injury but fuck it shits me!

kindred

Jock itch!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking hate it!!!! How the fuck are you supposed to fucking walk or run or even move when you get fucking jock itch!!!! None of the medications work. I alsways walk or run for a few months then get jock itch and im back to being fucking in-active. I ignored it once and ended up bleeding my skin eaten away... bah. Supposidly its a really common thing for guys that exercise so how do you cure it? Ive tried about 4 different creams and now im onto powders... nothing seems to work.

I had it a while back when i was diving every day, i think you just gotta try keep the area dry, thats what i did and eventually it went away. Though im sure theres actual creams which work somewhere.

Ah the ol nut chaffe, its nasty. I cant wear boxers any more otherwise i get nasty nut chaffing. Keep down there dry, get some good pairs of jocks that hold everything nice and snug and if you need a cream, ask the doc, or that prickly heat powder works wonders

Im going to remove all sugar and crap from my diet maybe that will help. Ive read some weird shit about diet an fungal infections lately.

Ah there is a definite difference between jock itch and chaffing.

Jock itch is a fungal infection that starts in between your nuts and leg usually and is redish with a definitely visible raised edge. Lamizol or the good old caneston should get rid of it as well as corn flour. Don't ask me why about the corn flour but it works. Old wives trick. You need to be sure to shower every day, wear LOOSE fitting underwear that will allow the area to breathe and also use a different towel to dry the area as one that you use to dry the rest of your body. You MUST change your underwear every day also.

Chaffing is just irritation to the skin from underpants or shorts constantly rubbing on the skin and can get that worse it will bleed and is very uncomfortable.

Which does it sound like you have?

Last edited:
there is another possibility - psoriasis

go to the doctor and get it checked. it could be fungal, or it could be dermatological.

if it is fungal, the doctor will give you an antifungal cream. this will do nothing if it is psoriasis. if it is psoriasis, you will need a different cream, this will do nothing if it is fungal.

if it is fungal, the good news is, when it is gone, it is gone. although you do need to REALLy wash your clothes to kill it all. if it is psoriasis, you will have it for the rest of your life, but you can manage it, although like dandruff, it will keep coming back if you don't.

Pistachio,

While you are correct mostly, I would like to make it known that just because you may get rid of it now (in the case it is a fungal infection) , is not to say it may not re occur in the future.

You can buy Lamizol and Caneston over the counter. Both of which are anti-fungal creams.

i can't wear boxers anymore , otherwise i get majory itching , squirt half a bottle of powder in after showering so that when you drop your guts you get the powder cloud happening

Pistachio,

While you are correct mostly, I would like to make it known that just because you may get rid of it now (in the case it is a fungal infection) , is not to say it may not re occur in the future.

You can buy Lamizol and Caneston over the counter. Both of which are anti-fungal creams.

true. what i mean to say is that psoriasis is with you for life (i think its genetic, not 100% sure tho).

a fungal infection you can get rid of. That's not to say of course, you won't ever get it again.. that depends on your hygeine and where you hang out and who you hang out with :p

Admin,

It can be quite bad for some. I have had a mate crash at mine one night and had to wash the pillow cover because there was flakey skin and shit on it.

His psoriasis is greatly affected by his diet along with alcohol and other substance abuse.