• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Official 2011 Body Transformation Contest Thread

Alpha Moth

More rules will be updated later - keep discussion of this in the other thread. This thread is for photos.

There will be no set join date, as new members are joining all the time - the transformation must however be made within 2011. At the end of the year, moderators will then judge. Moderators can later chose if they want to have separate categories e.g. weight loss/gain.

Photos - must be done in good lighting conditions.

Must include the following:

• Front relaxed
  • Back relaxed
  • Side relaxed
  • Legs relaxed
  • Any other photos are optional
  • Date they were taken

Other
Starting weight

My entry:

Starting weight: 98kgs
Pics taken: 14/1/11

Measurements (all taken in the morning, unpumped):

Waist: 38"
Quads: 22", 25" (5" and 10" from knees respectively)
Calves: 16"
Upper arms: 16" (16.875" flexed)
Forearms: 13"

Compulsorys:

front relaxed.JPGback relaxed.JPGside relaxed.JPGlegs front relaxed.JPG

Last edited:
Here's me.

frontzv.jpg
backao.jpg
sidev.jpg

fronfflex.jpg
backflex.jpg
additional.jpg

Stats

Weight: Morning - 108.2kg Photos - 110.2kg

Wiast: 38"
Chest: Norm - 43" Flex - 47"
RQuad: Norm - 26" Flex - 27"
LQuad: Norm - 26" Flex - 27"
RBicep: Norm - 14.5" Flex - 16.5"
LBicep: Norm - 14.5" Flex - 16"

Lifts

Squat: 140kg Bench: 122.5kg Dead: 180kg

Last edited:
Ok, here's my entry.
Doing my best impression of a stick insect here...

Photo's taken Monday 27th December, 2010 (Just before New Year).

Height: 6ft - 183cm
Weight - 77.5kg - 170lbs
Body Fat - 14.5%

DSCF0577.jpg
DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0583.jpg
DSCF0585.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg
DSCF0587.jpg

Last edited:
Current weight 75.3kg
accumeasure caliper readings
chest 2mm
abdomen 8mm
thigh 4mm
Apparently that is 3.7% Bodyfat LOL.
photos taken 31/1/11

measurements (cm)
chest 96
waist 77.5
hips 77
bicep (32.5/35), (31.3, 34)
forearm 29.5,29.5
thigh 54,55
calf 37, 37.5

Photos
unflexed

Others

Last edited:
8 week update on progress.
Not bulking or trying to do too much too fast.
Slow gains would keep me happy.
Suprisingly up 6kg (from 77.5kg to 83.6kg) so far on my 90 minutes/week training and infrequent meal diet.
Body fat would be up slightly, I'd be just over 15% now.

DSCF0577.jpg
DSCF9213-1.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg
DSCF9210-1.jpg

DSCF0582.jpg
DSCF9205.jpg

Last edited:
My year sucked, though I just did spend 10 months traveling. Feelsgood but also bad

Nice, where did you go?

My year got off to a pretty crap start, got injured and then gastro around March/April. Then was sick repeatedly over the next few months, probably due to the stress of full time work coupled with full time study. Plus gf and other shit.

BUT I'm coming home strong hopefully, got another 6-8 weeks to go on my cut :)

Holy crap i forgot all about this lol.

I got distracted going for strength gains and looking back i had some massive strength gains.

Bodyweight is actually higher than when i started - see what i can do about that before Jan1 though!

Not alot of progress here.
Almost the same bodyweight as after my first 8 weeks, but look bigger than then as lower fat now.
Will go to the end of the year and probably get a DEXA to see how much change was made this year, hoping to be below 12%.
Still my most consistent year ever and over 5kg lean muscle mass gained, so not too bad.

Holy crap i forgot all about this lol.

I got distracted going for strength gains and looking back i had some massive strength gains.

Bodyweight is actually higher than when i started - see what i can do about that before Jan1 though!

Still plenty of time left mate, and with massive strength gains you should have gained some size too.

Not alot of progress here.
Almost the same bodyweight as after my first 8 weeks, but look bigger than then as lower fat now.
Will go to the end of the year and probably get a DEXA to see how much change was made this year, hoping to be below 12%.
Still my most consistent year ever and over 5kg lean muscle mass gained, so not too bad.

Dude, 5kgs LBM gain is awesome! That is pretty much exactly what I want to do next year and I'd be stoked if I achieve it.

I have no idea how much LBM I gained this year, but I doubt it'd be more than 2-3kgs. I was sitting at 98kgs in jan, no idea of bodyfat level, and am now sitting at 93kgs, but far leaner. Hypothetically speaking, if I was 20% at the start of the year and say 12% now, that would be just under 3kgs LBM gained (and I'll probably lose a little more LBM over the next 6-8 weeks of cutting). Even on more optimistic figures, say 22% earlier in the year and 11% now, it still translates to only 5kgs. And I doubt I'm 11% at the moment, could very well have been 22% in Jan tho.

Will get DEXA scans next year to work towards my goal of 5kgs LBM for the year (possibly aim for more, depending on just how fat I am according to the DEXA scan)

Farking shit year :p

Up to 79kg from 75kg at the start. Was going well until May when I tore my hip flexor tendon. That is still not 100% now. Then I strained ligaments in shoulder in August and that is still recovering.

Max lifts at start of year.
DL: 150kg
squat: 125kg
bench: 100kg
SOHP: 55kg

Max lifts now
DL: 163kg (will test again soon and looking for 170kg)
squat: 130kg (on 145kg PPP now, week 5)
bench: right now fark all because of shoulder but did 108kg
SOHP: right now fark all because of shoulder but did 65kg

Got Dexa scan about 6 weeks ago at 77kg@7% too.