• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Origin Tipping Comp

S

Stiffy

Pick the Winner and the Margin for each game (ie. Qld by 10)

Pick first Try scorer (ie. Inglis)

C'mom [MENTION=11621]taurus[/MENTION]; [MENTION=16903]Genics[/MENTION]; [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; and anyone else, get your picks in. Theres a great prize for the winner of this! :p

I don't follow this code of football but thought I would share this for the qld supporters. They were hanging this up today on the side of the fourex brewery across the road from suncorp stadium.

There must be a lot of Prelim games. Coming through the City around lunchtime, all these kunce dressed in their Maroon or Blue garb heading along Roma Street out to Suncorp Stadium. To farkin hot for dat shit!

Something I've noticed is the youngins nowadays don't understand the History of Qld versus NSW and why State of Origin is so important. Just a repost of some information for all the youngins.

The Qld versus NSW hatred around State of Origin times is due to NSW "cheating" from 1908-1980. NSW used to stack their team with Qld players who would go to Sydney to play in the richer NSWRL competition. That's why State of Origin was introduced in 1980, so legends and true Queenslanders like Arthur Beetson, Chris Close, Kerry Boustead etc etc could play for their preferred home team Qld. That's also why the first 10-15 years of State of Origin were so intense.

Ever seen the movie Braveheart? Queenslanders felt like William Wallace (Mel Gibson's character) rising up against the evil overlords. It was pure hatred at times. That famous QUEENSLANDER chant (started by Gary Belcher in the 80s, not Billy Moore in the 90s) was so significant, "to the last man, to the last bullet" I heard Wayne Bennet once describe it. It was more than just a game of football. When Qld win it is Good triumphing over Evil. The honourable triumphing over the "less than honourable".

Nowadays the State versus State rivalry isn't as intense as it used to be, its more like professional footballers just playing a game of footy, albeit at an extraordinary high level.

Lets just hope the right team wins - Qld!