• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Peanut Butter & Oats Protein Bars

B

berg

PEANUT BUTTER & OATS

16 oz. natural peanut butter
protein powder (I used 2 packets of vanilla Met-RX)
raw oats
skim milk or other liquid
Protein Bar Instructions:

1. I put the peanut butter in the microwave to melt.
2. Added the Met-rx and stirred
3. Added oats to thicken
4. Added the milk so that I could get more protein powder in there.
5. Let it sit overnight to set (or eat immediately for a gooeyer bar).
6. You could add MCT oil, raisins, powdered egg white, dry milk, flax seeds, nuts, or whatever. I'm still experimenting, but it's pretty good.

Nutritional/Other Info:
The whole batch has 200 grams of protein and 3300 calories, not including the skim milk and oats. If you divide it into ten servings, that's a pretty large, filling serving at 20 grams of protein, 330 calories. (That's about as much protein as women can absorb at one time, so the count is pretty good for women.) The recipe could use some tweaking. With the addition of more liquid and/or less oats, one could probably get more protein powder in there. This would give more protein per calorie, and more servings per batch. You could also pour the oil off the top of the oatmeal and substitute MCT. Wouldn't change the count, but it would be a better oil.