• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post workout carb

howzit

Wow, it's been a while since I posted here...

Anyway, I've run out of dextrose and been thinking about trying something else. My friend recommended having creamed rice in a can. Would that create the same insulin spike as the dextrose and is it as fast absorbing?

Any thoughts?

I have been doing carbless PWO recently.. Havnt noticed any difference, i am stronger now though and body weight is dropping.

Also remember the following..

Whey proteins have already been demonstrated to reduce blood sugar response to meals in healthy subjects, but this new study indicates that the insulin and glucose response benefits may be available to most people.
When the diabetic subjects took a whey protein supplement at the same time as a high GI breakfast or lunch, they had lower blood sugar response and higher insulin response.
The mechanism for whey protein's action on insulin levels is not yet clear, although the team cited previous findings suggesting that certain amino acids and hormones in whey protein seem to be involved. What is more clear however is that it's not just any protein that has this blood sugar balancing effect, the study found that neither ham nor beef provided the benefits when taken as part of the meals.