• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powders What and How ?

Kharn

G'day

Bit of a noob when it comes to supplements I want to start training but I do not eat anywhere NEAR enough REAL foods to support growth (im working on my apettite :S)

Can anyone recommend a particular protein powder to help out ?

I'd like to gain muscle size without getting that huge flabby look I been on powders b4 and got that flabby look I am extremly thin and lanky rite now with an EXTREMLY fast metabolism.

In short I don;t want to be doing my workouts for nothing you know ? Burn off the muscle THAT I have since I have next to no fuel (comes back to appettie) please hlp

Yeah I know exactly what you mean with eating I am forcing food down at the moment but I usually puke it back up and then have to re eat it (not the puked up one LOL but remake the food)

Would working out with such a low amount of food present anything GOOD in muscle for the body I mean to give you an Idea I miss BOTH breakfast AND Dinner meals and have A lunch.....

Would working out in this current state of 'nutrition' do more harm to my current little muscle then good in a sense that the body may use what muscle I have to fuel the workouts rather then the real FOODS I should have ?

Cheers

I just dnt want to workout for no reason and even worse if its not even doing anything!

I wouldn't call your food "intake" nutrition.

Post up everything and the amounts of what you had for yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Add some oatmass or superfine oats to WPC for a calorie dense shake between meals.

Sorry for late response I am at work and It got busy all of a sudden....

Alright I'll give you an example of what I consumed yesterday to the best of my knowledge theres no lies in this since well its for ME so I want help lol so don't be surprised with what you read, its very accurate since I consum so little for someone my height and age its RIDICULOUS...which might even leave you pondering "How do I SURVIVE"

Breakfast (usually 7:30am): 2x 375ml Up N Go energizers + 1x 1L Golden Circle Golden Pash drink
Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Lunch (usually 1pm and after): Footlong subway Steak and cheese, consists of Herb and cheese bread, 2 handfuls of lettuce, 10 slices of cucumber a handful of shredded carrot and a handful of red onion with the largest COKE!...
nothing
nothing
Afternoon around 2-3pm 1x 1L Golden Circle Golden Pash drink
nothing
countless amounts of water to attempt to supress my churning hungry painful stomach.... about 2L
Dinner: Nothing!
nothing
nothing
bed

EDIT1: This might not sound rite too you (nor should it LOL) but its 110% accurate for what I consumed yesterday and on a daily basis (I live a routine life style)

EDIT2: I am 22yrs old 6'2"-3" and 75Kg's if that helps someway :S

EDIT3: Sometimes (rarely) in the evening AFTER my dinner (I get dinner between6-7pm and I usually go to bed at around 11pm so I snack) SOMETIMES!!! SOMETIMES!!! I grab a banana and 2 green apples which is consumed after dinner at about 8:30pm. I do get dinner's made for me but NEVER eat them :S and its around THEN that the stomach pains come in so I resort to drowning it in water / some fruit.

Last edited:
Any particular reason your starving yourself?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not doing it on purpose I want to eat more but find it difficult, I made myself this way through bad eating, drug use (weed) and a lack of self-discipline!

Steak and milk are your friends eat and drink as much as you can.... 1kg of steak and 3L of milk a day is a good start!

I can drink lots of milk I do enjoy drinking milk however because I am so thin at the moment i'm in a love hate relationship with myself, which may give you reason as to ask WTF its got to do with consuming milk.....

Cause im so thin I am continuously impressed by my LACK OF beer gut, I LOOK almost proportionate :D since my 1st realisation OF that impressive flatish gut I turned to trying to remove all fats from my diet (TRY!) one of those was NO FAT MILK which I do like to consume and was consuming regularly a while ago, I ASSUMED the full cream stuff would make me fat again, since when I was training my trainer Strongly recommended against FULL Cream milk with powders and to even try and drink them with water! or at worst NO fat skim milks.

I've definatly got an appetite though it must be VERY VERY touchy or finicky tho....

Evidence of this was when we went to Gambaro's for a seafood dinner!

Which consisted of me consuming an entree, 2mains and desert!

Of knowledge it was as follows

Entree: Dozen oysters with crab mince ontop
Main1: Whole Mud Crab
Main2: 350g Steak, 4pieces of about 10cmx5cm Squid, 4 small scallops 20c size (real ones... no tthat potato shit) 2 whole sandcrabs, salad, 4 tiger prawns and a slab of fish about same size as teh steak (was a fishermans platter)
Desert: some chocolate cake or something :S

with about.......................................6-8glasses of coke!

(one good thing I got going for me :D I cant STAND ALCOHOL I HATE IT!!! tastes nasty so I never ever touch it!)

EDIT: Everything is as accurate as it can be to my knowledge I am not lying LOL I want the HELP!

Last edited:
I would feel sick all the time as well consuming the amount of sugar you do.

Your diet and lifestyle is ****ed and now its time for change at least you have realised it. You dont even eat 1 meal throughout the day. You are so badly lacking in everything its ridiculous.

But the time for change is at hand,

Cause im so thin I am continuously impressed by my LACK OF beer gut, I LOOK almost proportionate :D since my 1st realisation OF that impressive flatish gut I turned to trying to remove all fats from my diet

Kharn,

Here's some good reading to get you started on this journey. You need to sort out some mindset issues first.

Abs by Mark Rippetoe

Mark Rippetoe said:
In every weight room in all the countries of the world since the dawn of training with weights, the single biggest distraction from the actual task at hand has been abs. Or rather, an obsession with/misunderstanding of the biomechanical role of/misunderstanding of the way to train abs. More people, including me, have wasted more time/incurred more injuries doing/gotten very little out of training the damn things than anything in the whole training repertoire except biceps.

Mark Rippetoe said:
A trend that most seasoned lifters find irksome is the obsession many young male lifters have with maintaining single-digit bodyfat year round. Psychologists call it body dysmorphia or "manorexia," Rip simply calls it the Soccer Player Phenomenon.
Mark Rippetoe said:
He also calls it a big mistake.

"Many successful weight-gaining programs have been sabotaged by this bizarre desire to have a six-pack year round. What the hell is the point of having a six-pack if you don't have an ice chest to put it in?"

Rip reasons that any nutrition program designed to pack on muscle will also put on some fat, with a 60-40 ratio of muscle to fat being about average.

But with bodyfat being relatively easy to strip off — especially for an active, muscular male — it's an easy trade off.

"Let's say you put on 40 or 50 pounds in six months. That's going to have a huge impact on how you look and how strong you are.

But let's say you do the 'gotta keep my razor sharp abs' horseshit. You'll be lucky if you gain eight or nine pounds. What do you think is going to have more effect on how you look? 50 pounds, 30 of it muscle, or 8 pounds?

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
well its either change or DIE! I know Im working my way towards DEATH!

On the same side of things I recently had 7 Teeth removed! (Due to multiple factors main one being BAD DIET!)

You know somethings wrong so now change it...make a conscious effort to change your lifestyle to better gear you towards health. So now that you've said something and you want help. It's time to do something.

Kharn,

Here's some good reading to get you started on this journey. You need to sort out some mindset issues first.

Abs by Mark Rippetoe

Cheers,
Mike

While I appreciate the information as no information is USELESS :)

I am not obsessed with ABS nore necessarily trying to get them, I am however liking the fact that I LOOK proportionate prior to being thin I looked somewhat Like a troll (this being said I do actually appear to be BETTER looing then prior to this whole anti-eating bad diet thing) when I was eating normally and such I looked somewhat like a troll (as others pointed out too me) I had a fat tummy with manboobs and reallllly skinny legs n arms (still have skinny legs n arms but it actually looks RITE on me in my current thin ass state).

In the end I already know WTF my problem is .....Self Discipline!

I have been down the bodybuilding saga b4 when I was 16 got great results and was determined but then all of a sudden I told myself for some reason that ALLLLLLLL I was doing was no longer worth it.....for some reason :S (sounds confusing)

You know somethings wrong so now change it...make a conscious effort to change your lifestyle to better gear you towards health. So now that you've said something and you want help. It's time to do something.

Its PURELY psycological for me I am an extremist in every aspect of my life not just in what I do but in my lifestyle changes going from one extreme to the next A.K.A

Couple years ago I was Lifting 6days a week was on a solid diet put on mass gains and looked magnificant! I did so well in my progression that my school took notice of it (I trained outside school) and made me the house captain for our sports events! (Extremly fit)

So I have more then enough info to get back on track (besides the nutrition side of things I am hazy there and well..........nutrition is EVERYTHING!)

ONTO

To date I am EXCEPTIONALLY lazy I knock off work go home and sit on the PC for HOURS! 5-6+ (Extremly lazy)

NOTE: I do have a + going for me at least but it may also lead you to thinking AGAIN how I survive on this shitty food (if u call it FOOD!) I shift by hand at minimum 1tonne worth of stuff per day sometimes I get them hunger pains/stomach pains at THIS time in the day not today tho, lack of fuel body tells me so by makin me hurt!

EDIT: Like I said at the star and kinda deviated from ..... its PURELY PSYCOLOGICAL for me (imo) since I've done it alllllllllll b4 there really aint no reason / excuse for me to not be able to hit it again!

However

This is where it becomes psycological, I tasted the sweat and hard yards of training full-time and at THAT time I looved the pain! BUT Now I have also tasted the sweeet nectar of not-doing-shit! and this is where my hurtle is I AM TO COMFORTABLE IN MY CURRENT STATE OF LIVING!!!!!!!!!!!........that will kill me eventually

I guess I should bare my soul a bit here for more understanding....

When I initially started to do lifting it was to initially protect myself (physically) from other people prior to my starting lifting I was in an altercation with a few young guys my age(16 then) there were 6 of them.....needless to say they kicked the crap outta me :(

BUT

That was a good thing for me I VERY VERY good thing at that time, I turned to myself after the beating and said "Never again NEVER!" so I hit the gym and hit it HARD I got to a HUGE and impressive size topping off at 115kg's literally dwarfing other people in my grade at school, I found the main man that had started the whole bashing on me and let loose on him feeling good about myself AND setting a new standard for myself amongst my peers needless to say REDEMPTION was at hand!

But then school ended....the threat was gone, the ego with it, the need for the massive muscles too and all that hard work for something I no longer needed in my eyes or was pointless to do since I spent my life in the gym when not at work, so I couldn't reap what I had sown!

I quickly found out that it took me a MUCH MUCH MUCH shorter time too loose all that I had gained, and so becaome a hurmit hobbled in my bedroom through fear from the people that know me and freak out on my site... comments like "What happened to YOU!!" "Have you been sick?!?" " You lost soooo muchweight what happened???"

To date I am still the Hurmitt...

EDIT: I gave up the whole weights training nearly straight after school finished (after grade 12) (I think schoolies hlped me give it up a bit too....) and begain to become the hurmitt type solidly by january the following year so you know what happened??

From that point 17 then uptil now I have missed out on EVERYTHING in my life because of the way I feel/felt about myself at the times I skipped 18th Birthdays AND 21st Birthdays I have NEVER been in a night club (im 22 remmber) and well lets just say that I been single my whole life (even when I was huge and in my prime I was single since It wasn't necesarilly a fit look I was going for, it was the hulking bulking mean guy you just didnt want to know and my personality adjusted to suit that description, I wanted people to know not to **** with me and no one did, not even the girls would talk to me and some mates were nervous)

Now your prolly thinking I hate myself and my life but your far from the truth....I earn a shit load of money every week cause I work for myself... I barely even WORK so its LUXURY! cause thats just the industry Im in, and I live a life of no boundairs (LITERALLY NO BOUNDARIES! hence the shit diet)

I got so much info on fitness its a joke I'll try and take a picture in my room to post up, one of my walls is LITERALLY just books on fitness,bodybuilding,martial arts conditioning

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a good thread on here to read over that covers nutrition for beginners. I.E. what is worth while and what is wasting your time.