• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Practical strength challenge

PTC

Here is a practical strength challenge that requires strength, power and cardio. It uses pulling and pressing strength, posterior chain strength and cardio if your strong enough. Power is challenged by the powerclean obviously.

Its easy to film, only takes a few seconds and impossible to cheat.

Simply clean and press/push press/jerk bodyweight overhead for as many reps as you can.

I'll list the best results I've seen, simply post up a vid of your best effort.

This is one of the events from my Strongman comp, next one coming up in January. We imposed a 1 minute time limit, but for this challenge, no time limit. Hands cant come off the bar at all, once they do, lift is finished.

Max - 7 reps
Ghosty - 6 reps
Simon.H - 5 reps
Alen - 4 reps
Mick - 4 reps
Ryan - 3 reps
Nick - 2 reps.....ausbb member NPR
Chris - 2 reps
Dan - 2 reps.....ausbb member EnzymeX

Some of these guys stopped early to conserve strength for the other events, for instance once Max passed Ghosty, he had won, so he simply stopped, Ghosty did the same with Simon etc.

I think this would be definitely be a good test. I'll let the world know when I can do more than 1 rep... or even 1! :D

Man, I have enough on my plate already Markos!! :D

Looks like there is something else to add to the list. In the AussBB Strength Standards board, is the objective to do 5 of these?

Here is a practical strength challenge that requires strength, power and cardio. It uses pulling and pressing strength, posterior chain strength and cardio if your strong enough. Power is challenged by the powerclean obviously.

Its easy to film, only takes a few seconds and impossible to cheat.

Simply clean and press/push press/jerk bodyweight overhead for as many reps as you can.

I'll list the best results I've seen, simply post up a vid of your best effort.

This is one of the events from my Strongman comp, next one coming up in January. We imposed a 1 minute time limit, but for this challenge, no time limit. Hands cant come off the bar at all, once they do, lift is finished.

Max - 7 reps
Ghosty - 6 reps
Simon.H - 5 reps
Alen - 4 reps
Mick - 4 reps
Ryan - 3 reps
Nick - 2 reps.....ausbb member NPR
Chris - 2 reps
Dan - 2 reps.....ausbb member EnzymeX

Some of these guys stopped early to conserve strength for the other events, for instance once Max passed Ghosty, he had won, so he simply stopped, Ghosty did the same with Simon etc.

Markos, I thought it be better if you had specified one particular lift over head after the weight has been power cleaned. As you know a press and a jerk are poles apart and for one lifter to press whilst the other to jerk would be unfair in my opinion.

Or you can group each group according to what they choose.

Fadi.

I cleaned 90kg at PTC 2 weeks ago. 20kg jump in two weeks? Unlikely, overhead, Ill probably hurt myself.

But as they say, no pain no gain so Ill have a crack. If I can do it once Ill do it again and get it videod.

No chance Simon.

I suggest you load up 70kg and see how many reps you can do rather than load up 110kg and see how many you cant do.

Jayden and Nico got 75kg x 10 last night, Jayden weighs 108kg and Nico weighs 83kg.

Ash managed 75kg x 4, he weighs 75kg.

I'll have some of the boys have a crack tonight with bodyweight. Dim, Alen, Nicky and Max can all get bodyweight overhead, see who wins lol