• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pre Bed nutrition...

Christian

Active Member, June10MOTM
So sleep time is the most important time in regards to training, our bodies are are at rest and hgh can do its thing and all the other good stuff..

So what exactly can we eat before bed?

I was on the cottage cheese express after reading cassein s effects on cancer metabolisation im left pondering.

wtf can i eat?

thank you, however i dontknow how i will be able to stomach eggs for breakfast and dinner. :p

Is that long acting enough?

I suppose i shouldnt be so concerned i have bigger things to worry about..

I cant sleep and i have to be up in 6 hours to get ready for uni..

Battle continues..

Is that long acting enough?

I suppose i shouldnt be so concerned i have bigger things to worry about..

I cant sleep and i have to be up in 6 hours to get ready for uni..

Battle continues..

Remember the hummus (chick peas/legumes) with the added fat from the sesame paste (tahini)? These are very low GI foods which take plenty of time to be digested and slowly release their nutients into the blood/your fasting body.

Fadi.

Thanks i have some tahini in the fridge..

Still cant sleep im lay in bed for 20 min no sleep get up back to bed.. useless

I've got the reason for you but don't really know if you want to hear it. Cortisol is an anti-sleep hormone just incase you weren't aware. Raise your serotonin levels whilst simultaneously bringing your cortisol levels down would have you sleeping like a log.

Fadi.

Lol dude , it takes me 30 - 40 mins to go into sleep mode.

i'll be fatigued as hell and my eyes will be closed (too tired to open) but still my brain just wont wind down.

Lol dude , it takes me 30 - 40 mins to go into sleep mode.

i'll be fatigued as hell and my eyes will be closed (too tired to open) but still my brain just wont wind down.

I know its terrible isnt it..

I have dsloaded releaxation spa music and i need it palying i nthe backgorund. I cant just lay in silence otherwise my brain ticks over solutions for current problems i nmy life and if i cant think of a solution it leads to the stress thus not being able to sleep.

can we eat some tahini, yogurt, whey protein before bede? can we eat them together?

I know its terrible isnt it..

I have dsloaded releaxation spa music and i need it palying i nthe backgorund. I cant just lay in silence otherwise my brain ticks over solutions for current problems i nmy life and if i cant think of a solution it leads to the stress thus not being able to sleep.

n00bs,

Far be it from me to offer advice, but in this instance I think I might have some insight. I used to be a horrible sleeper, thrashing leg syndrome, grinding teeth, two hourly wake-ups, the works. I did some reading and so started doing controlled breathing when I went to bed. I just lay there and take a very deep breath through my nose, hold it, then breath out slowly through my mouth and mentally say the word relax on every exhalation. It really works to slow the heart rate and brain down. Far better than counting sheep.

I've also almost cut caffein out of my diet now replacing it with twice daily green teas and this has made an even bigger diference lately. I now sleep like the dead. My wife wakes up at 6am and brings my son into our bed then takes the dogs for a walk. I'll fall back asleep and she has to wake me again from a dead sleep at 7am for me to get ready for work. I go to bed and pass out at around 11pm so that's 8hrs solid sleep a night.

Love my sleep. :)

Cheers,
Mike