• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preferred exersizes for rear delt isolation?

Davepuppies

Puppy Kunce
What exersizes do you guys do when you want to isolate your rear delts?

interested to hear movements, positions, and any variations like pronating/supernating etc.

want to to change up my shoulder training a little.

i currently to rear delt flyes lying backwards on a 45 bench, then do standing bent over flyes, but thinking of doing some cable work, developing a better mind muscle contraction

Hard to isolate this muscle, a well developed Rear delt looks good.

Machine pullovers
Chin-ups
Row
Farmers
Any form of pulling off the floor.

I use the bench as well, but 30 degrees. I feel that having the DBs facing you (pinkies out) works better than palms facing each other. It also makes it harder to cheat.

I will also do a rear delt row. Sitting on a bench, bent forward in a rear delt fly position. Start with DBs together, then row out wide so the dumbbells follow the shape of a V.

Reverse Flys
Cables - these hit well, but one cable has to be on top of the other and sometimes the handles collide, so its a little ackward
Reverse pecdeck

One side at a time

Do you find that you twist a litle doing that? and maybe doesnt hit as hard cos of it?
I find doing both gives me better balance and I go a bit harder at it (I understand you hold to the frame, but still not the same)
My opinion only.

Do you find that you twist a litle doing that? and maybe doesnt hit as hard cos of it?
I find doing both gives me better balance and I go a bit harder at it (I understand you hold to the frame, but still not the same)
My opinion only.
Like I said in an earlier post I do them on all fours, bring the under the body around the chest area, hits them delts real good. Can't cheat either because your upper body is fixed, can't use momentum.

Rear delt flys.

Sit down on a bench, bend over close to horizontal, arms slightly bent. Now focus your mind into those little muscles back there and flex them. Use them to row up, keeping the arms bent like a crab. Don't use your back or momentum. Pause at the top and squeeze dafuq out of those little oysters. Pause at the bottom as well.

To do this right, use a very light weight otherwise you will be using your back to move the weight. I have seen built guys using a 2kg dumbbell. If you do it right you might only get in 6-8 reps before those tiny puppies give up, burning like hell.

Optional way to do these is lie on your side with a small plate, 2.5kg is enough, and use your rear delt to bring the weight up from near the floor until your arm is vertical.

Keep it light and really squeeze and hold at the top. Dat burn brah.

Loving reverse cable crossovers
Quite light like above post

Copying bodybuilder strategies is working

A couple of work sets then go lighter and do the Arnold 21s or a variation similar.. Performing that tension set a handful of times. Hnng
All that tension. Sehr gut!!

Had a decent shoulder session yesterday, but now I have a long knot, underneath my scapula, could be my rhomboid or the very lower part of my trap.

bastard is about 4-6 inches long..... The whole muscle is knotted right up.

have been rolling on a hard spiky plastic ball to try and release it, but it's pretty locked up. I have battled this several times.

dont think I will be training back today!

Had a decent shoulder session yesterday, but now I have a long knot, underneath my scapula, could be my rhomboid or the very lower part of my trap.

bastard is about 4-6 inches long..... The whole muscle is knotted right up.

have been rolling on a hard spiky plastic ball to try and release it, but it's pretty locked up. I have battled this several times.

dont think I will be training back today!

I've got a knot in my arse cheek, the spiky ball is good.