• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Preparing food in advance, types of food and work lunches

S

Stormfromdownunda

Hi all

Newbie here, I want to move to preparing healthy lunches for myself for work and dinner.

Some back story:

I live with my in laws and my mother in law does all the cooking. So she does a lot of home style cooking which isn't the healthiest. For example roast pork with cracking and full roast trimming like 3 times a week, deep fried chips and schnitzel.

So far I have lost weight but I ended up eating a lot of lean cuisines etc and don't want to eat them anymore because of the crap they put in them.

My daily routine consists of:

Wake up at 6:30, shower dress and drop hubby at the train station

I work 7:30-4 pm lunch break at 11 am , workout after work finish around 5 and go home and wait for hubby to get home whilst my mother in law cooks dinner

So I need any tips recipes, good reheatable foods, methods for preparing food for the week that aren't too time consuming, any methods you guys use that could help me.

Thanks in advance!

Stews, soups and their many permutations
I've got chili on the go at the moment

Slow cooked stews and curries are usually pretty good as it is easy to make in larger quantities, else just bulk cook chicken and delegate into containers.

You could offer to cook some meals. then chose healthy meals.

I'll take a photo of my fridge when I get home, everything is neatly packed and ready for heating.

I usually just buy large amounts of masterfood? seasonings, and bang a couple kilos of chicken or beef in the oven.
I try to make each half a kilo different to the rest by using different.

ATM I have a kilo of chicken marinating in nandos piri marinade sauce... YUM!

I've been boiling chicken and freezing it lately. Defrost the night before and eat at work. I cut a big piece of breast in half, jam some cheese in the middle then throw it in the microwave if I want to 'get fancy'.

eha2a4yh.jpg
ugety5am.jpg

Sneaky pizza box in there to!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

eha2a4yh.jpg
ugety5am.jpg

Sneaky pizza box in there to!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Looks good mate - prepin your food is a huge step forward to reaching your goals - unless you dont work, or have a job where you can stop and cook then prepin your meals is a must.