• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein Powder

Bazza20

I am almost out of wpi and need some more. I hate the taste of every protein powder I have ever had. Are there any out there that are bearable?

Pretty much every protein powder is ok for the first shake or two then just tastes terrible.

Yep I'm looking to change Baz. Musashi and Balance WPI taste good but are expensive. I'm using BN WPC Choc which is a bit too artifical tasting so I'm gunna try BN WPC Vanilla next.

No bull bannana tastes exactly like bannana quik if you have it with milk. Although I think I bought wpc.

Horleys is tasty but a fucking horrendous rip off.

I love professional whey wpi and it has no funny odour or flavour. some people think it's a bit expensive compared with bn but i find it really good value. their naturally flavoured ones also taste great.

I've thrown out bags of other ones (no names :cool:) but PW has been great value from day one.

Bazza, there is a blending company not far from me that use to throw me what was left over from production runs, this company produced powder for body ripped, the cookies and cream was particularly nice on its own with milk or water.

Not into it these days

I love professional whey wpi and it has no funny odour or flavour. some people think it's a bit expensive compared with bn but i find it really good value. their naturally flavoured ones also taste great.

I've thrown out bags of other ones (no names :cool:) but PW has been great value from day one.

I forgot about pro whey I agree its fantastic. Haven't tried the flavoured but will get it next time.

Best tasting one I have had is bsn dessert, but its like 50% carbs and fat.. I like my BN choc Wpc. Didn't care for Harley's ripped.

Gotta have protein with milk.

I just finished a tub of Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic Vanilla - that was tasty.. currently have a 0.9kg container of USN Prostar Whey Vanilla, which tastes pretty good too.. Also really liked the taste of No Bull's vanilla and strawberry HWPI samples - banana was feral though IMO.

I just finished a tub of Gaspari Myofusion Probiotic Vanilla - that was tasty.. currently have a 0.9kg container of USN Prostar Whey Vanilla, which tastes pretty good too.. Also really liked the taste of No Bull's vanilla and strawberry HWPI samples - banana was feral though IMO.

no bulls mango was nice

We don't get much choice over here in regards to protein powders (Afghan) but they have been getting BSN in lately.

Syntha-6 has been coming in in floods. The strawberry is beautiful in water, am on vanilla now and it tastes like crap. Not to mention 44g scoop will only give you 22g of protein - the tubs don't last very long.

Been using no bull, choc honeycomb is the best, also love mango, choc mint and banana.

If money is no object I recon any of the Max's protein powder have the best taste ever but everyone's taste is different.

Tried Optimum Nutrition a while back and was horrible, hated having it, and the worst ever was Horleys, actually threw that stuff out. Could not drink it no matter what.

i use BN wpi in vanilla not too over powering but have to mix a little milk with it and use water for the rest, I find all milk and it becomes too sickly

Nb vanilla has little gritty bits and if you chew them it's like acid... Syntha 6 is what I had not dessert.

To be honest - and this is not meant as a troll - but if you don't like the taste of protein powders why take it? I am not sure what your current diet looks like but from some things I've read I would have thought you were getting pretty good amounts of protein from whole food sources?
To be on topic - I've been using Max's super whey recently just to cycle between brands/flavours occasionally. It can be had for okay value but from a price perspective there are better options out there. I find it tastes okay but that will change most likely after I have been through a few kilo's of it.

Apart from the fact I cant afford to use it, (I buy the odd pre-made drink or bar from the supermarket from time to time but that only when I think I need a protein hit), I'd as soon as buy some beef jerky or a chook and eat that when I need a protein hit.

Apart from the fact I cant afford to use it, (I buy the odd pre-made drink or bar from the supermarket from time to time but that only when I think I need a protein hit), I'd as soon as buy some beef jerky or a chook and eat that when I need a protein hit.

Protein powder is just for convenience and a cheap source of extra protein.

Beef jerky is far too expensive to have as a regular source of protein.

I get my beef in bulk so eat plenty of that anyway. Last lot was about 150kg.

I just take pea protein - $19/kg. Got tired of wasting $80-90 a pop, that and all the extra rubbish in them (haven't had a migraine since I changed to unflavoured pea protein).

I just take pea protein - $19/kg. Got tired of wasting $80-90 a pop, that and all the extra rubbish in them (haven't had a migraine since I changed to unflavoured pea protein).

Pea protein sounds feral. What protein were you paying. 80-90kg.

You can get wpc for under $20kg.