• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC Gold Coast Push/Pull - May 4 RESULTS

tom bro

PTC Gold Coast
Novice_push_pull_may_4.jpg

Wasn't too bad of a turnout! There was some really awesome lifting. I'm so glad that Chris (aka Critta) finally competed. I've known him for years and have been trying to get him into powerlifting for a while. He ended up nailing a 145 bench and 235 deadlift (just missing 245 with a torn callus) to take first place. Coco (Jean-Stephen) always puts on a good show. He came hoping to bench 180 and nailed it. Got a 285 dead but missed 300 at the lockout.

Our exhibition lifters put on a great show. Jay started by hitting 220 when warming up for a set of 3 with looong pauses. He then hit a solid paused 240. In the comp he nailed 230 (2 whites) and 240. He got 250 up, but it was pretty messy (bum up, not locked out, no rack call). Still a treat to watch.
Dean Cowan hit 265 for a very speedy triple to a 2board. He mumbled something when we racked it. I thought he was saying to grab it because the left side of the bar was below the racks. He was actually saying to leave it because he wanted to do 10 reps (even though he had only called a triple). lol. whoops.

I'll detail my lifters results in the 'whats happening' thread.

[youtube]2kkFLQAD_y4[/youtube]

[youtube]CcQuog2952A[/youtube]

[youtube]2QtHeSfKZos[/youtube]