• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pushup and Pullup Conditioning

bams_101

A little while ago Martin Rooney put an article up about 100 pushups in 4 minutes (T NATION 4-Minute Push-Up Test) but I thought the addition of pullups would make a big difference. So I've been adding this challenge to the end of my Speed Bench session to increase work capacity. Either 100 pushups/50 pullups or 50 of each for best time. Split them up into 10 sets of equal reps so you're changing positions frequently.

I'm just trying to see whether conditioning is something that needs to be focused on. Anybody wanna have a go?

100/50 is 10x10 pushup and 10x5 pullup/chinup for time.

50/50 is 10x5 of each for time.

My best so far is 10:49 for the 100/50 and 7:28 for the 50/50. Don't know exactly without others doing it but I think < 8:00 would be an awesome time for the 100 pushup/50 pullup.

Yeah I've been working on pullups for a while and I still only got 37 in ten minutes.. but the last few 'sets' were starting to get very small.. would take a while I'd say.

Same 100 push ups are easy, used to do five sets of 100 when I was about 19:)

Pull ups would take me a week to do 50:p

Sounds great. I'll give this a crack later on. Results to come!

I had a crack at the 50/100 over the weekend and got 7:32. The last 10 of each were super slow.

Great stuff man! I'll have to actually do this properly on an off day or something. Might I ask bodyweight? If you're heavier than me then I'll be really sad lol