• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

question about 50 rep / 100 rep squats

legalattorney

hey all. has anyone tried 50 rep / 100 rep squats?

if so, are there any benefits for doing say 100 reps instead of 50 reps?

just got an inckling from 20 rep squats..

would there be any positives in terms of your 1rm?

and any ACTUAL experience would be helpful..

Okay, in the late 80's, we did 100 rep squats with 60kg.

We only did it once, the DOMS was unbearable

At PTC I have had Nick, Ryan and Fat dave do 100 with 60kg, Fat Dave actually fot 120 reps.

50kg x 50 reps and 40kg x 40 reps is done quite often, we dont usually go over 50 now.

Most at PTC have done a 50 rep set of squats

Hi.
This is my first post, but I have been doing a lot of reading over the last couple of months.
I'm sure I read and article/post from Fadi. In this post he explained that he did them, and why.
Dint quote me, but I think it had to do with increasing the size of the capileries to allow for greater nutrient rich blood flow to lagging muscles. I think this was an advanced technique, and not something that everybody should be doing.
Hope this helps you a little bit.

I've said it before...there was a competition in my area a few years ago. 500 reps @ 60kg, in as few sets as possible. Obviously you could do 250 doubles, 500 singles...whatever you like.

There was only a few guys who completed it. One guy had DOMS for two weeks straight.

Hi.
This is my first post, but I have been doing a lot of reading over the last couple of months.
I'm sure I read and article/post from Fadi. In this post he explained that he did them, and why.
Dint quote me, but I think it had to do with increasing the size of the capileries to allow for greater nutrient rich blood flow to lagging muscles. I think this was an advanced technique, and not something that everybody should be doing.
Hope this helps you a little bit.
Fadi on Bodybuilding

Fadi.

Last edited:
50 or 100 reps, that just sounds brutal
The 100 I was discussing had nothing to do with 100 you gentlemen are discussing at this particular point. The 100 I was discussing was not for direct muscle hypertrophy but indirect muscle hypertrophy through the increase of blood vessels and other components that go to make up the muscle cell, such as the mitochondria for example.

I'd much rather see bodybuilders come back from their 4 weeks holiday (or if they're a beginner), get involved in this program which would get them ready to build muscles more efficiently down the track: Lose Fat / Maintain Muscle

Fadi.

That's epic. Quite possibly the most brutal vid I've seen on youtube. You'd never want to try it again to see if you could get the 2 more. Huge mental game.

Ok gave it a try, epic fail, got to 35 reps and gave in. very much a mental game, didn't have my mind right. will try again...

WE did some 50/100 rep Trap Bar deads yesterday

Dave - 100 x 57kg @ 116kg
Nina - 50 x 57kg @ 59kg
Dim - 50 x 57kg @ 72kg
Jack - 41 x 57kg @ 115kg

Hands dont come off bar EVER